Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cancel The Search Party

Good afternoon everyone.  I apologize for missing my regularly scheduled ramble on Monday.  I worked my 5th night in a row on Sunday night, and then I returned about 6 hours later and worked for almost another 6 hours on Monday, which had me on my feet for about 15 out of 21 hours.  Spread the word that you can cancel the search party, and thank you for your effort in finding me...  The result of all this is going to be a Wednesday ramble...  For starters, I am looking forward to doing my Friday football predictions entry.  I didn't get all of my picks right last week, but I had the 'texture' of most of the games dead on.  How many other 'columnists' that you know picked the Giants to beat the Packers outright?  Stunner - Pfffttt...  San Marcos, America has come back to life after the return of the college students for the start of classes yesterday.  A trip to the bank that should have taken me 15 minutes took about half an hour a while ago.  On the plus side, my bank does have a machine available where you can scoop out a free bag of salt with some popcorn sprinkled in...  And to think that I used to eat BAG AFTER BAG of sunflower seeds when I was coaching...  I did my wash a few nights ago and noticed a cat that was watching me from the window of a neighbor's apartment.  My immediate thought was that it must be nice, to just sit there and people watch, but then it occurred to me, "WHAT ELSE should a cat be doing?"  It's not like the cat has clothes to wash, or some facebooking to catch up on, or a blog to write...  I swear that I could amuse myself for hours each day just by following the news.  I just read about 30 minutes ago where the captain of the cruise ship that capsized near Italy has said that he 'tripped' into the lifeboat.  Of course the issue here is that the captain is supposed to remain on the ship until all of the passengers are safe and accounted for.  Yesterday I read a Los Angeles Times headline online that stated that a severed head that was found in a park might be the victim of a slaying.  You think???  Is anyone else already sweating the fact that there are only a few more weeks of football left, and then we'll be waiting until the start of September?  Once the season does end I'll start paying more attention to college basketball so that I can make some bracket predictions for you. In case I haven't already stated this for the record here in the blog, I am a North Carolina Tar Heels basketball fan, dating back to before the days that Michael Jordan played for them when I was in high school.  With that being said, I was unfortunate enough to watch most of the second half of last weekend's game at Florida State when the third-ranked Heels just got DRUMMED by the Seminoles.  I don't know how I'll top my prediction from last season that none of the number one seeds would reach the Final Four, but we'll see soon enough.  Two more weeks until February - the time DOES fly by...  This is on Fox News right now - "is boosting kids' self-esteem making them weak?"  Chalk one up for the oxymorons...  :)  I went to my therapist a few days back - she gave me half a glass of water and asked me if I was an optimist or a pessimist.  I drank the water and told her that I am a problem solver...  That comes to you from my friend Ann via facebook.  The blog has now been viewed over 3,300 times in case you were wondering - it would probably be doing better if I wasn't skipping random Mondays, but thanks again for your support...  :)  I have to admit that I am finding it amusing that John Elway is now on board with the Tim Tebow plan after he was ready to throw him under the bus a few months back...  I heard earlier in the week that CBS talked to Tebow's "people" about having him in the studio for this weekend's AFC Championship Game, but I never heard the outcome of those talks.  In case you were wondering, I am watching ESPN again after my week-long hiatus.  It is safe now that they aren't showing the Broncos/Steelers highlights anymore...  That's all I've got for now my friends, but I will be back with my NFL Championship Game predictions on Friday, and I will do my very best to have a ramble for you next Monday...  Have a great day!
          

1 comment:

  1. Dont feel bad, FSU got Duke on their own floor! Chop Chop!

    ReplyDelete