Monday, June 4, 2012

Four Slices Of Bread

Good morning everyone.  I have to admit that one thing that I like very much about the Monday rambles here on 'Bikini Hill' is that I can write about ANYTHING...  I do have the majority of the next four days off, and at some point I will manage to completely wipe clean the dry-erase boards that are hanging on the wall to the left of me.  Right now they are both FILLED with random plans and to-do lists and things that I need to buy, etc..., which in my opinion is hurting the quality of these Monday posts because I was able to actually write down things that I wanted to include in the rambles before the boards became filled with the nonsense of my life.  The countdown is now at EIGHT weeks...  :)  In a happy coincidence, while my computer was running a virus-scan, I went to the store and found 'Phil Steele's College Football 2012 Preview' and 'Pro Football Weekly Preview 2012'...  I now have the "books" necessary to do my homework over the next couple of months before returning to the desert.  Although I have many things to accomplish over this rare stretch of off-days, do not bet against me taking a peek or two into these magazines...  Phil Steele's magazine is 344 pages long (he puts this on the front of the magazine - I didn't go through and count the pages).  The interesting thing that he mentions in the foreword is that he personally writes the team preview for every major college (which is over 120) - pretty impressive.  The fantasy baseball team is still in 10th place (I'm not forgetting to mention them in the ramble THIS WEEK).  As an example of how the first couple of months of the season have gone for me, I dropped Miami Marlins closer Heath Bell last week because he has really been struggling to this point.  From the start of April, he had seven total saves for the season before I dropped him.  After I dropped Bell, he had three saves LAST WEEK...  GRRRRRR...  The silver lining (?) is that because my team is currently the worst in the league, I had the first pick on the waiver wire, so I added him back to my frustrating team...  Plenty of sports to watch on t.v. over my days off...  The Spurs/Thunder series and the third and fourth games of the Stanley Cup Finals will both be airing tonight and Wednesday.  Both NBA Conference Finals series are now tied at 2-2, which will make this week very exciting for basketball fans.  I have decided and am committed to losing some weight before I move back to Vegas.  This is a great idea because I will probably gain at least five pounds during the drive out there...  Having lost weight successfully in the past, I know that cutting down on the consumption of bread and pasta (two things that I LOVE) makes losing weight so much easier.  With that being said, I'm hopeful that the loaf of bread sitting on top of my refrigerator will be the last that I buy before moving.  The "loaf" overlooking my kitchen now consists of only four slices of bread...  :(  When I "weighed-in" last week, I tipped the scales at 233 pounds, and my goal is to be down to at least 215 before I make the trek westward - wish me luck...  If you haven't watched 'Mad Men' yet, pencil in some time to catch at least a couple of episodes if you are looking for a way to fill some time- it's a pretty smart t.v. show...  People, the word is SANDWICH, not sammich...  Also, stop letting others get away with the MONUMENTAL OVERUSE of the word "legendary" - I keep seeing this in advertisements...  I found some common ground at work this week on a subject that I don't understand - the popularity of Ashton Kutcher...  I've never "got it" as to why people think he's entertaining.  Let me add Ben Stiller and Jimmy Kimmel to that list while I'm at it.  And the 'Austin Powers' franchise - I can't watch even five minutes of any of those movies...  (I toyed around with the idea of doing what some fellow bloggers have done, which is a list of 25 things that you don't know about me - the previous "mystery" as to the popularity of those actors and that movie franchise was just something that I would have put on that list)...  Today is the first day of summer school for the college students of San Marcos, America - this should successfully restart the town's heartbeat for my last two months here.  This will be a welcome change since I am not a big fan of "quiet" - I would much rather be where things are happening...  I hope that you have a great Monday and I will see you again on Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. You can do the weight thing. All that it should take is some discipline in eating and appropriate exercise. Of course, those things are easier said than done. Lay off any legendary sammiches and you should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be fine considering that there is no such thing as a legendary sammich... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. stop letting others get away with the MONUMENTAL OVERUSE of the word "legendary"

    Another word that is over-used and quite often used incorrectly is the word literally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The college kids here LOVE literally Mojo... :)

    ReplyDelete