Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Could You? (2)

"Don't Judge Me..."  -Adam Martinez-


Good afternoon everyone.  Here's the second round of 'Could You? Tuesdays...'


Could you be more specific?  Have you ever heard someone mention that they wanted to thank their special friends, and then follow that up with, "you know who you are..." - AND THEN you wondered if you were one of the people that they were talking about???  I have...  :)

Could you just leave good songs alone?  One of the older songs that I've discovered recently is 'Everlong' by the Foo Fighters.  I like the lyrics of the song and it gets really upbeat.  At work recently I heard this song early during my shift, and then later on in the evening they started to play it again.  This second time was the FIRST TIME that I heard the slowed down, "acoustic version" (if you will)...  It's infinitely worse when you go to a concert and this happens to you, when they change up one of your favorite songs...  Goodness gracious, stop ruining good songs...

Could you remember what you're listening to Coach?  While I was listening to iHeartRadio as I walked around campus and Bikini Hill last week, the DJ came on the air and stated, "today's highs will be in the 30's and tonight's lows will be in the teens..."  At the time, it was about 70 degrees as I explored San Marcos, America on a beautiful sunny day, and I paused and asked myself, "WHAT THE ???"  Then the DJ gave the station's call sign, and said something like, "you're listening to Louisville's blah, blah, blah, blah..."  Have you ever had a braincramp???  Yeah, just keep in mind that you're listening to radio stations from AROUND THE NATION genius...

Could you stop and realize that you are too?  Have you ever been called "stubborn" by someone?  You know, by someone who is ALSO unwilling to change their opinion or viewpoint about the topic that is being disputed between the two of you...  :)

Could you just act normal please?  When I'm at work checking I.D.'s to make sure that people are old enough to enter our establishment, the people who come off as the most suspicious are ALWAYS the ones who are just WAY TOO HAPPY to see me...  My first concern is that they're drunk, and then second, I wonder WHAT they're up to...

Could you also focus on the good, and not JUST THE BAD?  This is right near the top of my list of pet peeves (well, if I had an actual hardcopy list, it would be)...  I can know someone FOR YEARS, and REPEATEDLY say and do nice things, and be there OVER AND OVER for them, but then when I say or do ONE THING that they don't like, THAT is the thing that they judge me on...  This just doesn't make any sense to me...

Could you please stop mentioning and asking me about elevators and escalators?  When customers at my workplace are making their way to The Veranda, our rooftop bar, I am CONSTANTLY getting comments and questions about elevators and escalators.  This is good, because I am DEFINITELY the person who would be confused as to how many stairs our building has...  :)

     Customer (several):  "Why are there SO MANY STAIRS?!"
     Me: (nonchalantly):  "Because the bar is on the roof..."  ;)

Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow, when I'll go into DETAIL about the TRAINWRECK that was the Sunday of my holiday trip to Las Vegas (a.k.a., NFL Week 16)...








    






No comments:

Post a Comment