Monday, June 30, 2014

Here Come The Brides...

"(My daughter's) newest argument against fixing her hair:  "Mommy, did you hear that commercial?  It said, if you love your hair, set it free"..." -Christie Hobbs-

"Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions..." -via Julia Valadez-

"How can a wing bar run out of wings?!?!?!?!?!  Ridiculous!" -Liz Massad-



Good evening everyone.  Tonight brings you our "bridal issue" of my little blog evidently...  :)  I was invited to a Saturday wedding by my friend and former softball player Amanda.  I wrote a little bit about Amanda here last May when she graduated from college, which you can read here at this link...  bikinihill.blogspot.com/2013/05/beep-beep.html  Due to my ongoing preparations for my move to Las Vegas (CAN YOU BELIEVE that tomorrow is July 1st?!), I politely declined her invitation, but I told Amanda that she might see a photo or two of the festivities here in the blog... Or ten maybe...  :)  Amanda (deservedly) has a bunch of friends, and they made it nearly impossible for me to put the wedding out of mind (which I had hoped that I would be able to do on Saturday), and every posted facebook photo made me regret not going that much more.  Here's what I missed...



Amanda and Ashley, "as thick as thieves" since I've known them...  :)



Amanda and Ashley are joined by Maddy, Savannah, and Tabitha (and one that I don't know) in this shot..



These would be your flower girls, who I know exactly zero of (but I do know two of their moms, and this picture was adorable)...  ;)



Nellie and Ali were also present (you may remember them from their recent visit to Las Vegas), and this might be the best photo of them together that I've ever seen...



Completely adorable shot of the beautiful bride and her son...  :)  But wait Coach - didn't you say "wedding?"  Isn't there a groom included???



Okay, slight oversight on my part...  ;)  The handsome man towering over Amanda and her sister Jessica would be Elijah...



This photo finds them with Lori, who provided us with the cute picture of the flower girls...  :)



Our friend Crystal also takes credit for one of the flower girls...  And this one is the "awwww" photograph...



Congratulations Amanda and Elijah!  I am SO HAPPY for you and your new family...  :)



And speaking of former athletes who are extremely popular and who are always smiling, my friend Julie was also married recently...



You'll notice that we're starting off the same way, showing Julie with our mutual friend Susan. However, the rest of Julie's friends were lazy evidently, and I couldn't find as many photos posted with other friends that we have in common, so we'll share one where the beautiful bride owns Austin...



Very nice...  :)  Yeah, yeah, and Julie has a groom too...



Buried somewhere in there in the midst of that Mariachi Band is her husband Derek.  Let's try that again...


Okay, that's better.  It's funny, because seemingly moments ago I told Julie that I wasn't going to pick on her as much as Amanda (which I guess would be referring more to her college graduation link), but I do have a little story to tell...  With the evolution of facebook, I enjoyed reconnecting with my former students and catching up with their lives.  As Julie would REPEATEDLY post facebook statuses that tagged Derek as they'd visit different spots around Austin, I remember thinking at one point, "those two really need to start dating each other..."  :D  Julie made me smile again when she posted this photo from their honeymoon with the caption that follows...



"Nothing but lobster and shrimp for us in Cabo.  Call us food snobs...we love seafood..."  A very bright couple obviously...  ;)  Congratulations Julie and Derek!  I'm VERY HAPPY for y'all...  :)

I hope that I did both of these very lovely brides justice tonight.  There's no way that I can possibly top these two weddings, so we'll just sign off by wishing these new families the VERY BEST in the future!  Have a good one and I'll see y'all soon...  ;)









  

No comments:

Post a Comment