Sunday, July 20, 2014

In Case There's A Meltdown

Good morning everyone.  I'll probably "complete" this entry later today, but I'd thought I'd throw some of my baby bets out there for you now.  Starting action at the British Open today, Rory McIlroy has a six shot lead.  This makes him a 1/8 favorite to win the tournament.  That being the case, I decided to bet on a few of the longshot underdogs ($1.00 each), just in case he has a meltdown (or someone behind him gets hot).  These are the players I bet on, with their odds of winning...

Rickie Fowler  12/1
Sergio Garcia  20/1
Dustin Johnson  25/1
Victor Dubuisson  90/1
Adam Scott  100/1

These are the five golfers who are closest to McIlroy on the leaderboard as action begins today. This is probably an excellent way to waste five bucks, but we'll see...  ;)  Enjoy your day, and I'll post some more here later on...


4 comments:

  1. You've heard about the big bet McIlroy's father has, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was the epitome of a future's bet.. NICE payday... :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know much about golf, but 6 strokes sounds like a lot. Good luck with your bets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rory tried to help me out MOJO - he ended up in a few bad spots, but he managed to hold on and win by 2, over my 20 to 1 bet (Garcia). That's why you should never gamble... ;)

    ReplyDelete