Monday, August 11, 2014

Back At It

Lady:  "Do you have *** by Dior?"
Me:  "Oh no, sorry (pointing to shelf), these are the only ones we have in that collection."
Dumb Lady:  "So what are you saying?  That you don't have it?"
Smart Me:  "No, what I'm saying is only special people can see the invisible bottle, and since you can't see it..., you can't have it..." -Alma Medrano-

"I will not buckle, I will not break, I will not be beat..." -Leanne Calderon-

"Where do you run when you lose what you love?" -Belyne Gonzalez-




Good morning everyone.  Since my cash in the Monte Carlo Freeroll on Saturday, I took the rest of the weekend off.  I think that I need to plan my sleep/rest better to take advantage of the opportunity to play against the tourists (more casual players) who come to town for the weekend(s).  Due to the back-to-back Saturday freerolls (Quad/Monte Carlo) and having played late Friday night after the Flamingo Freeroll to cap off a full week of poker, I was pretty beat.  I returned home at about 8:00 p.m. on Saturday night, ate while I watched some Cardinals/Texans preseason ball, and then I slept through til yesterday morning.  I spent most of yesterday doing some more unpacking, doing my wash, taking a well-deserved nap :D, and going to WalMart as Joey came through again with a ride.  We may have to give my friend the moniker 'Superstitious Joey' after last night's conversation, but we'll pick on him some other time.  Anyway, I probably have a month's worth of food at my place now (seriously) and I haven't used any of my poker comps yet (everywhere that I've played gives you $1.00 an hour for sitting in cash games).

Okay, so back to the present, I just played the Flamingo Freeroll after playing no poker since Saturday.  I'm sad to say that I didn't cash, finishing 40th in the field of 89.  I was more active in this freeroll than any other to date, partly out of necessity, and partly due to getting some cards.  I won an early hand (25/50) round heads up when I raised 10's to 150 preflop, then bet the jack-high flop.  From middle position in the 200/400 round, I raised A 7 to 1,100 and everyone folded.  In the 400/800 round, I was in a lot of pots.  Relatively short-stacked, I shoved my KJ, which flopped a jack and fended off Q2 (BB call).  I shoved 9's for 4K on the very next hand and the table folded. In the BB I made a play that was a mistake in hindsight (if I could only see the future)...  A early position player called all-in for 800.  The table folded to the big stack SB to my right (duh), and he limped in.  I looked down at 10's, and shoved to isolate the all-in.  Well, the SB folded, and I found myself up against aces.  The flop was 4 10 4, and the turn was a 10...  Had I just limped in this case, the SB may have bluffed the board into my boat/quads as the hand progressed.  On the very next hand I lost all of my profit from that hand I woke up to AQ in the SB.  We had an all-in for 1,700, and I flat called from my 400 SB.  The BB came along and we checked down the low board.  I wouldn't have made anything by betting as the BB showed QJ, but the all-in's 5 gave her the pot.  With about one orbit of life left, now in the 800/1,600 round, I faced an all-in and looked down at 55.  I called the all-in (I was in late position), and found myself heads up with AQ.  Ace on the flop, and I'm typing this post for you.  Merp...  Now I get to figure out where I'm going to play today - here, the Quad, the Monte Carlo...  A few hands of note from this tournament that I wasn't involved in...  I once again saw AK clash with KK, with KK winning this time.  Pretty early on, I saw the UTG to my left shove with the evil hand (Q 10) preflop, only to face a pair of all-ins (AA and KK).  I folded my 96 in the BB, which of course would have made the straight and whacked all 3 hands (AA won).  Ah, more good news.  As I sit here in the poker room typing this, they just reached the final table (the top 10 cash for $350.00 each).  This woman who was running EXTREMELY HOT in the 2-4 game Friday night (AA 3 times in half an hour hot) just cashed.  I ran my QQ and my AJ on a jack-high flop into 2 of her 3 pocket aces.  As I think about now, I should be thankful that it was 2-4 limit I guess...  :P  Anyway, good for her...  lol (not bitter at all, obviously)...  ;)      

Okay, now to make my gameplan for this week.  Have a good one and I'll see you soon...

2 comments:

  1. If you steal pots at the poker table like you steal quotes, you will be very successful. You can quote me on that. : o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. When I made that play with A7 for 1,100 (because I'll have to be more aggressive or start catching some hands), one of the guys THOUGHT about it, and I was just WILLING HIM to fold Lightning... :P

      Delete