Friday, October 3, 2014

77777

Good morning everyone.  The blog hit the 77777 mark this week (which is supposed to be lucky in Vegas), so hopefully this will be a good week.  Let's get right to the football picks...



Joey's Lucky Seven (14-19-2 Overall, 3-3-1 Last Week)

Rutgers (-3) vs. Michigan - Michigan is in shambles.
Northern Illinois (-24) vs. Kent St. - Kent is 124th in scoring & 111th defensively.
Appalachian St. (+5) vs. South Alabama - S. Alabama has only covered once as a road favorite.
Ball St. (+2.5) @ Army - Army has lost last 3 meetings by 20 points or more.
Arkansas St. (-9) vs. Louisiana-Monroe - Arkansas State had a bye last week and is much faster.
Nevada (+2.5) vs. Boise St. - The Wolfpack play better at home.
Steelers (-6.5) @ Jacksonville - I'm taking Pittsburgh every other week.

That's the parlay card for this week.  May all your parlay cards cash.


Thank you Joey.  I'll once again be putting my picks under the Belle the Cat, who has presided over consecutive 5-2 weeks...



Coach's Lucky Seven (19-15-1 Overall, 5-2 Last Week)

Tennessee (-2.5) vs. Florida - Vols went toe-to-toe w/Georgia last week.
Georgia (-33) vs. Vanderbilt - Vandy won't be pulling an Arizona in Athens.
Saints (-10.5) vs. Bucs - Saints are just better in the dome.
Chargers (-6.5) vs. Jets - The Pats are slipping, so maybe put Vick in already???
49ers (-6) vs. Chiefs - This game is not at Arrowhead.
Steelers/Jaguars (Over 46.5) - Big-arm QB's and suspect D's.
Texans/Cowboys (Under 47) - Hard-hitting battle looming in Arlington.


And there you are boys and girls.  Despite my 5-2 repeat and hitting several other picks last weekend, I somehow managed to lose money and am once again considering bolting for greener pastures.  I didn't hedge enough when I should have, hedged too much when I shouldn't have, etc., etc...  I still have this weekend ahead of me, so we shall see.  The Falcons and Steelers just killed me last weekend, and both games were more than I could stomach.  Of course the Vikings get planted by the Packers tonight after thwarting Atlanta by 13 last Sunday.  Don't even get me started on the Steelers...

I hope that you have a great football weekend and I'll see you again next week...

2 comments:

  1. Tell Joey to eat that dang hunk of prime rib!

    Wild year in the NFL already. Any early Super Bowl predictions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Injuries happen - senseless to make early predictions... I like the prime rib photo - it's not Belle in the cow costume, but what is??? ;)

      Delete