Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Don't You Have A Raven To Train?

Good evening everyone.  It seems like it's been almost two weeks since I've posted.  I might have just looked back and checked actually...  :)  Back in September, I remember driving 33 hours nonstop from Austin up here to the White Mounains.  Today, after sleeping 8 hours (I think) last night, I took separate 2 and 3-hour naps.  Getting older, I tell ya...  :)  I've been hard at work trying to get through the rest of this (admittedly mild) winter, mostly taking a short break from sports, other than following my alma mater's very successful girls and boys basketball teams.  The Littleton Crusader girls finished their regular season with one loss, and won their preliminary round playoff game last night.  I was thinking about going to the game, but when I got home and turned on the radio, I tuned into a 32-6 Crusader first-half lead.  As tempting as that sounded, I decided to forego the brisk weather for that barnburner.  Meanwhile, the Crusader boys are unbeaten, having capped off an 18-0 regular season with a road victory tonight.  There's probably a little bit of high school playoff hoops in my near future as I await the start of the NCAA men's conference tournaments and March Madness.  Work has been keeping me busy as I dream of swimming pools and warmer temperatures, and I've also been all over the new 'Better Call Saul' season.  A show that I've never taken much of an interest in is 'Modern Family,' but while I was tuned into something last night while reading poker blogs, the show that I had been "viewing" ended, and as I was turning off my t.v. before going to bed, I heard this exchange between two characters...

Alex (a goth character):  "Don't you have a class to fail?"

Haley:  "Don't you have a raven to train?"


I don't know why exactly, but that raven line made me laugh and put me in a great mood as I was going to bed last night...  :)  I actually had to Google the script of the show to find the character names for you, as I don't watch the show.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say hello.  Have a good one and I'll see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment