Sunday, August 12, 2018

Pins On Strings

Good afternoon everyone.  There is no reason why I should be writing this right now, and my best explanation is that I get to procrastinate from finishing my unpacking (and let's not lie to ourselves, that's not happening anytime soon anyway)...  You see, tomorrow I am scheduled to have my cable and internet hooked up, and I can type SO MUCH FASTER on my desktop keyboard than I can on this phone.  So yeah, we'll go with procrastinating.  Speaking of procrastinating, you'll be happy to know that after having been in a big Tupperware-like plastic container for the last 33 months, my desktop does still work, and while having no connection to the internet, I've been using it to play solataire and free cell to avoid unpacking...  :D  For you curious types, I've been using a tablet and wifi at my last two residences, and thus the desktop was packed away...

After some late night unpacking and time killing Thursday night, I woke up to a couple of very pleasant surprises on Friday.  This photo was in the very first status that appeared on my facebook Friday morning..


And this photo was in the very next status...


My eyes shot to my calendar after seeing the second picture, when I realized that these two superstars missed sharing the anniversary of my college graduation by one day.  Bianca and Alexia are a couple of San Marcos "kids" (remember, I'm 100 years old, so they're kids...) who graduated from my alma mater on Friday, both earning their degrees while working their way through school.  What a great way to wake up on Friday, and then I found this photo later on...


Now while Nicole and Taylor aren't from San Marcos (they're from San Antonio and New Braunfels, respectively, but nobody's perfect), these two cool kids both received their MBA's over the weekend after working their way through school.  Congratulations to all four of these superstars on becoming Bobcat Alumni!  I'm really proud of y'all...

And then there's this guy...


TWENTY-EIGHT years ago yesterday, I received my B.B.A. from what was then Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University).  If you've followed my blog or known me for any length of time, you know that my degree has allowed me to pursue several very interesting and fulfilling job opportunities.  Before this football season begins, I'll be taking sports bets in a state that had never had legal sports betting prior to this summer.  Anyway, I got to celebrate my 28th anniversary last night by eating pizza and bowling with some of my new coworkers.  And for those of you who are jealous of my glamorous lifestyle (driving across the country nonstop, playing solataire, eating pizza, bowling, etc...), know that I will be back at work FULL-TIME starting on Tuesday...  :)  Back to the bowling.  First, I'm disappointed to say that I only bowled a 245 (that would be a 100, followed by a 145)...  First time that I bowled in about twenty months, so sue me.  Second, Brandi, one of the cool kids from here in Mississippi, won the first game that we played.  This blog is the only concrete record of her victory, and if it comes up at work, I'll be like, "Brandi?  Win?  I don't think she even showed up.  Did anyone see her???"  Nice game Brandi...  ;)  Third, and this was interesting, the pins at the bowling alley are attached to strings.  Like I said, I'm 100 years old, but I've never seen this before.  So on the alleys that I'm used to, you knock down some pins (theoretically Nick) :) , this machine comes down and sweeps them away, and then the standing ones are reset.  Here at Big Play in Biloxi, the pins all dance on their strings like marionette puppets, but the pins were reset to the right spot everytime.  Pins on strings...  :)

Okay, that's enough for now, but I'll definitely have more for you soon.  The desktop keyboard simplifies things tremendously, so I really have no excuses...  Have a great week and I'll see you soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment