Monday, October 24, 2011

Picking Up The Pace

Good morning from San Marcos, America everyone.  It's just after 5:00 a.m. here, and I've finished a run of working 11 straight days...  I'm very happy to say that I don't feel like I've worked that many days in a row, and I'm still wide awake, so I thought that I'd enter my first post of the week.  When I started this blog almost a month ago, my goal was to post at least twice a week, and I have achieved that.  My new goal is to put up a post at least 4 times a week, all on weekdays, when football is not pulling me away from the computer.  I will still do what are now my normal football posts with predictions on Fridays, but I will mix up the topics between sports and other subjects the rest of the week.  I think it's only fair to those of you who are following this blog to have some consistency in when you can expect it to be here.  For those readers who may be seeing the blog for the first time, I had been concentrating strictly on sports posts in an attempt to get this blog listed on a website with other blogs (needing 10 entries which fell into a specific category), but I have researched alternate ways of promoting the blog since that site rejected me.  I think that I'll be better served blogging about whatever suits me on any particular day, and with my history of hustling, I'm sure that I'll put in enough time and effort to expand the following of this blog to a number that suits me.  I have entered 11 posts to this point, and I wouldn't be adding to that if only 4 people had stopped by to read what I had to say, but I am happy to say that this blog has been viewed over 200 times with me doing NOTHING other than letting my facebook friends know about it, so I'll continue to type away in my little piece of cyberspace.  To everyone that has stopped by, thank you! 

Time flies...  All of those old adages that you hear, and before you know it, you figure them out.  As my worknight was kicking off, I saw a group of girls walking in front of the Texas Music Theater (my workplace) on the Square in San Marcos, and I thought that I recognized one of them.  I opened the door and called out her name, and sure enough, it was her.  The girl is a high school senior, and I think that I have known her for over 10 years now.  She is the daughter of a teacher who I worked with, and her sister was in a class that I co-sponsored at the high school.  Now she is a HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR...  She's got to be too young to start college next year...  :)  Anyway, I gave her and her friends a "tour"of TMT (the word tour is giving me WAY TOO MUCH credit), but seeing her was just another reminder of how precious time is and that it shouldn't be wasted. 

One person can make a difference...  I did miss the Texas Rangers tying the World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals at 2-2 tonight (the Rangers won 4-0), but the one thing that I didn't miss seeing was the Indianapolis Colts getting beat 62-7 (yes, SIXTY-TWO) by the New Orleans Saints.  I would have been watching the game because it did have fantasy football implications for me, and now my teams have a very good chance of being 6-1 and 5-2 after this week (shameless plug), but is it not AMAZING how different that Indiana football team is without Peyton Manning playing quarterback?!  One person, one player, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT football team.  In the football games that I did see a bit of today, a couple of commentators made me laugh.  I was watching parts of the Seahawks/Browns game today, which was carried by the local FOX station because Cleveland's quarterback Colt McCoy played his college football just up the street in Austin.  Anyway, I had already complained about the FOX coverage on facebook when later in the game I hear the commentator say, "this looks like a high school football game."  I just laughed to myself and said, "well, yeah..."  After waking up from an afternoon nap before work, I'm eating a sandwich, for a moment not looking at the television, when I hear Dick Stockton say, "the Rams are going to kick this one away from Dez Bryant....  no, the kick goes to him."  At this point I look up, and the ball is caught right in the middle of the field...  :)  I think that someone needs to give me a microphone...  ;)

I hope that today kicks off what will be a good week for all of you.  I heard somebody talking about Thanksgiving the other day, thought about it, and it occurred to me that it really isn't too soon to be talking about Thanksgiving and making plans for it.  Halloween is one week from today, with Thanksgiving about a month from now.  Again, that time flying thing...  Please feel free to leave comments, suggestions for topics, become a follower of the blog, etc...  Wyatt Earp has been carrying the load as the lone follower of the blog since the 1st entry, and he could use some company.  Have a good one!






    

2 comments:

  1. You're the Arian Foster of my blog membership right now Mr. Earp, just carrying me... ;)

    ReplyDelete