Saturday, March 30, 2013

NCAA Tourney 2013 - Elite 8

Good morning everyone.  I know that you were waiting eagerly at the edge of your computer for this entry to be posted, coming off of my 3-5 showing over the past couple of days.  I'll let you know that I predicted the exact number of points that was scored in the Louisville-Oregon game (my prediction was Louisville 75-71, the final score was Louisville 77-69), AND....., that's the only game that we'll revisit...  ;)  As you know, you can go back and recheck any of my predictions in my recent posts...  Before I step out on the limb again (and the branch breaks), I am 37-23 in the tourney so far, with 7 games left to go.  I also wanted to let you know that Tuesday ought to be a milestone day here at Bikini Hill as the blog is likely to surpass the 30,000 viewmark on that day.  Since the first full day of Major League baseball games is on Monday, Tuesday will also likely be the day that my three fantasy baseball teams will officially be out of contention for the rest of the season...  ;)  Here are my picks in the Elite 8:



Saturday, March 30th


Syracuse (29-9) vs. Marquette (26-8)
3:30 p.m. CST
Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.

Marquette won 74-71 when these teams faced each other at Marquette on February 25th.  Syracuse beat Indiana by 11 and it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season (that's my theme for today)...  ;)

Syracuse      68
Marquette   64



Wichita State (29-8) vs. Ohio State (29-7)
6:05 p.m. CST
Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA

I still remember the commentators talking about how Pittsburgh might give Gonzaga trouble and go far if they got past the Shockers.  Look at Wichita State now... (but look fast, because I think that this will be their last game)...

Ohio State          75
Wichita State    68




Sunday, March 31st


Michigan (29-7) vs. Florida (29-7)
1:20 p.m. CST
Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX

Both of these teams have the same record, so this game will end in a tie...  Okay..., I actually just like the schedule that the Wolverines played more than that of the Gators (although Florida did eliminate Cinderella), so...

Michigan    73
Florida        69



Duke (30-5) vs. Louisville (32-5)
4:05 p.m. CST
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN

Duke won 76-71 when these teams faced each other at Louisville on November 24th.  We already know that it's hard to beat the same team twice in one season, and this game is being played in Cardinal Country (yeah, I know, that did Arizona a lot of good)...  ANYWAY...

Louisville     74
Duke              70



I hope that you have a great weekend of college basketball (and Sunday Night Baseball - Rangers vs. Astros), and I'll see you again on Monday!



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You mean as opposed to, "let's see what I can do to Halladay this year?"... ;)

      Delete
  2. You should check this out before betting How2Bet.org

    ReplyDelete