Thursday, August 8, 2013

I Remember The First Time (29)

"It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive..."
-Bon Jovi- (It's My Life)

"Don't be afraid to be weak, don't be too proud to be strong, just look into your heart, my friend, that will be the return to yourself, the return to innocence..." -Enigma- (Return To Innocence)

"And I just can't keep living this way, so starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage..."
-Eminem- (Not Afraid)



I remember the first time that I felt rejuvenated...  Good evening everyone.  Well, the foundation is starting to fall into place people...  I tried to find some lyrics tonight that capture the way that I feel right now.  When I made the decision to return to Austin many months ago due to the numerous opportunities that are available here, I was ready to be here RIGHT THEN.  Tonight personifies what I've been waiting for...  This is the eve of the last day of my work week, and I have a "six-pack" of preseason football games to kick off a weekend in which I will be ENGROSSED in setting up my new apartment.  I have a line on a second job.  I just want to live while I'm alive, so starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage...  Didn't I just make stealing from two people look easy?  (They're credited above, so relax)...  ;)

I remember the first time that I felt thankful...  Again, to each and every one of you that helped to pick me up and showed me kindness when I was down, thank you SO MUCH...  I try to treat people right, and I do remember when they treat me well...

I remember the first time that I started talking about football, A LOT...  Okay people, tomorrow will be the start of seeing quite an increase in the number of words dedicated to the upcoming football season in this blog - get ready for it (and cheer up Miletus, maybe we'll teach you something, and maybe..., JUST MAYBE you'll even LIKE football someday, or even CARE ABOUT IT..., maybe)...  ;)

I remember the first time that I was this excited about a football season...  I'm telling you boys and girls, for the next 6 months..., the preseason, the regular season, the postseason, college football, pro football, fantasy football, pick 'em contests, PREDICTIONS, and Alyssa's Corner (3 weeks to go - are you ready Alyssa?)...  I'll give you more information on Alyssa's Corner VERY SOON...  Are you ready for some football people?!  :)

I remember the first time that I procrastinated...  As much as I feel good (and I'm sure that you feel ill) about making what I consider to be a "full-length" blog entry again, it is helping me to push back the setting up of my apartment.  Throughout the day I jotted down little notes in my memo pad that is usually dedicated to this blog..., little notes about things that I need to get accomplished this weekend.  Well, that list sits at THIRTEEN right now...  :O  #help

I remember the first time that number one on the aforementioned list was "go through EVERYTHING (that I own)..."  Yeah, I'm glad that the NFL Network is showing preseason games ALL WEEKEND...

I remember the first time that I completely stopped doing situps in the month of July...  Well folks, once upon a time, really early in the month of July...  I'll tell you, between dieting, and walking, and going to the river, and then starting my job, AND THEN moving when it was ONE HUNDRED AND TWO DEGREES on Monday..., well..., I really haven't gained any weight (I'll attempt to prove that once I find my scale this weekend)...  :)  The pair of medium Domino's pizzas that arrived at 12:07 a.m. on Tuesday morning after the move was completed disappeared in less than 24 hours - I was EXHAUSTED...

I remember the first time that I said goodnight because it was time to watch some football and unpack..., SOMETHING...  Have a great evening and I'll see you again tomorrow!
























  











1 comment:

  1. Being a Chicago baseball fan, I am particularly excited to see the pre-season begin!

    ReplyDelete