Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Remember The First Time (30)

"I will remember you, will you remember me?, Don't let your life, pass you by, weep not for, the memories..." -Sarah McLachlan- (I Will Remember You)

"Do you remember, when we fell in love, we were young and innocent then..."
-Michael Jackson- (Remember The Time)

"Now it's..., only a memory, of what our love was going to be, only a memory, broken bits of you and me..." -The Smithereens- (Only A Memory)




I remember the first time that I actually posted early...  Good evening everyone.  Well people, tonight you're getting an early Thursday post, and then I'm going to march myself down 24th Street with my football magazines, plant myself at the Texas Union on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin, and when you tune in again on Friday, I'll have a substantial list of 2013 football predictions for you...  ;)

I remember the first time that little Allie was too cute again...  I was having a facebook conversation with my friend Jennifer last night where I was complimenting her quotable young daughter when Jennifer said this to me:  "Well, tonight when her brother took her pizza away from her, she said, 'Fine, I will just eat tomorrow'..."  When Jennifer told Allie that she would get her more if she was still hungry, Allie replied, "Yes, I'm hungry, but just in case I will wait until tomorrow to eat so brother will forget he wants my food!"  You've gotta love kids...  :)

I remember the first time that my friend Carmel Josephine described me perfectly:  "That moment when you realize that you aren't the most attractive person in the relationship..."  Wow, that sounds a lot like Coach in EVERY ONE of his personal relationships...  ;)

I remember the first time that something didn't taste quite right...  I also remember the first time that I stole A LOT from facebook...  ;)  This comes to you from my friend Charli:  "One of the many job perks of being a muralist:  Mistakenly drinking paint water on a regular basis..."  YUCK...  :O

I remember the first time that I had a strange dream...  Last night I had a dream that I was getting the financing for a new car (I'm not even looking to buy a car, but okay)...  I secured the financing, and then when I got in my new car, I noticed that it had 589,000 miles on it...  FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-NINE THOUSAND MILES!!!  The car looked shiny and new though...  :P

I remember the first time that I was brainwashed...  I turned on my phone today at lunch and was browsing through some of the headlines on the preinstalled news app when I read that Donovan McNabb believes that Robert Griffin III is being brainwashed...  HMMM..., I'll bite...  Evidently, RG III has decided that he is no longer going to communicate with McNabb, which leads McNabb to believe that people are "brainwashing" Griffin against seeking out McNabb's advice...  "He's being brainwashed, HE'S BEING BRAINWASHED I'll tell ya!" (< That quote is from me, not McNabb)...

I remember the first time that the college football season was starting TWO WEEKS FROM TOMORROW!  :)

I'm heading off to the Texas Union now to sift through some words and numbers and punctuation.  I'll see ya again on Friday with some football predictions...  :)  Have a good one!







1 comment:

  1. Ahhh ... less than 600,000 miles on your dream car made it a cream puff. :o )

    ReplyDelete