Sunday, January 19, 2014

Clever People

"When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down 'happy'.  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life..."
-John Lennon- (via Sandra Dever)

"If a man wants to bet he's got a dog, he's usually got a dog..." -Doyle Brunson-

"There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump puddles for you..." -Dr. Laura- (via Lex Sauceda)



Good afternoon people.  Tom Petty says that the waiting is the hardest part, and he knows what he's talking about.  I've been working on the notes for a substantial blog entry for a while now, trying to pass the time until these football games kick off today...  If you missed my post a few days ago, Joey has Denver 27-17 and San Francisco 20-17, while I have the Broncos 38-35 and the 49ers 24-20.  If I hit my scores, the nationwide response will probably be...


My friend Connie's daughter (Brooke) was kind enough to represent a thousand words...  :)  My brother Pete was kind enough to weigh-in with his expectation of a Patriots/Seahawks Super Bowl, so there's that.  It's beyond me why the NFL didn't make the Brady/Manning match up the primetime game, but we're about a half hour from kickoff now...

I have no Las Vegas photo for you today, but you'll be hearing plenty about that city in the near future (as you may have already guessed)...  A friend of mine at work told me that he hates it when I talk about my plans, because he's married, and has children, etc..., and he doesn't have the flexibility that I do.  While I dream, my blogging buddies Pete P. Peters and Lightning36 are currently visiting the desert, so yeah, they basically suck...  ;)  Good luck out there guys!  The good news (for Miletus at least) is that once football ends, the content here will focus significantly less on sports.  Fridays will still be mostly dedicated to sports, but as we all know (Miletus surely knows), football tends to kinda/sorta seep into the other days of the week here during football season (just a little bit)...  ;)  Predictably, the poker content here will increase leading up to and including my return to the Mojave Desert.  The quote above from Doyle Brunson came from Season 7 of High Stakes Poker (which I have been watching on YouTube, 11 episodes worth since yesterday)...  :P  And yes, I know that I still have that MASSIVE Bovada score to blog about - I promise that it's coming...

We're going to forget the football and Las Vegas and poker right now as we take a few minutes to focus on several of my clever friends (and their friends).  I came across this little gem on facebook a few days ago...


"Finished up this badboy today!  Don't pollute in the storm drains, guys!  This awesome project is intended to promote awareness of the effects of storm drain litter/pollution on Galveston Bay wildlife." -Charli Judith Reno-

Isn't that incredible?!  Art is in the same category as music for me:  I can't sing or draw (even stick figures) to save my life, but I know talent when I hear and see it...  AWESOME JOB Charli!  :D


And then I heard a nickname for this girl the other day, and it's FREAKIN PERFECT...







This is my friend Jennifer, and I've posted a small sample of her photos so that you'd totally get the nickname that her friend Jason gave her (which is still her "all time favorite nickname of all time")...  :D  Jennifer Pompa..., and Jason tagged her with... (can you guess it?  combine her last name with an adjective...  time's up...) POMPADORABLE...  Is that not perfect?!  :)  Jennifer has been involved in several different ventures (you know how I like to plug the things that my friends are doing) and she is currently in the process of forming her own media company (company videos, photography, copy/content, etc...), but she doesn't have anything for me to link to yet, so we'll be hearing back from her in the future...


And THEN I came across a photo this morning (speaking of hearing back from people).  This snapshot includes my friend Carrie, her sister (and my new friend Brittany), and two of their friends ("sisters"), Hailey and Briana.  I moustache you if you remember Carrie from football season...



Again, I usually HATE the fake moustache photos, but not this one...  :)  Anyway, this is the photo that I happened upon this morning...



Now the best part of this photo is the caption that accompanied it in the facebook status...

"They may not be blood, but I still consider these girls my sisters!  God just knew we'd be too much for one set of parents to handle!..." -Hailey-


Is that not awesome?!  Who even thinks like that?!  "We'd be too much for one set of parents to handle..."  Very nice Hailey...  :)  And we're not asking Brittany ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL because she showed me up on facebook during Florida State's comeback win over Auburn in the BCS Championship Game...  ;)


AND THEN there was this...



This is our friend Jennifer (Texas Tech, "Big Hair" Jennifer - you remember her)...  Jennifer (the Jennifers are just taking over the blog today, aren't they?) has some of the best hashtags that I've come across on facebook (or Twitter), and when she posted this photo, she called this creation #falloffthebonecake...  Pretty clever Jenn...  :)

You're probably wondering why I didn't title today's post 'Clever Ladies' as opposed to 'Clever People', but when the Broncos and 49ers both end up winning today, you'll see..., you'll see I tell ya!  ;)  Have a great football Sunday my friends!















  



No comments:

Post a Comment