Thursday, January 8, 2015

There's Sophia Bush

Good morning everyone.  This week you're getting your football picks a little bit earlier than normal because I'll be busy with moving, battling some nasty weather, and seeing my brother (weather permitting) over the next few days.  I hit the snooze button on a nap tonight, which has me typing right now (much later than I should be).  Long story short, a 2-hour nap turned into 3 1/2 hours (6:00-9:30), and I have a forecast low of TWENTY THREE DEGREES to look forward to in the morning...  Merp... (Hey Alyssa)  :)  I guess the "bright side" of my nap was finding Sophia Bush (although I really wasn't looking for her)...  One of my facebook friends had mentioned her in a status recently, and I thought, "I wonder what happened to Sophia..."  I watched quite a few reruns of 'One Tree Hill' at one time, and she played a character on that show (in case you're lost right now).  Anyway, when I arose from my slumber, I walked right into the middle of an episode of 'Chicago P.D.'  I heard a familiar voice on the screen, and was able to get past Sophia's disguise (she's sporting blonde hair now) to unravel the mystery of her identity.  So, if you've been looking for her, you know where to find her...

Back to football, the twelve-bet format must have thrown Joey and myself off of our "game" last week (our "game" being going about .500) as we both struggled to the finish line with losing records.  On the bright side, we both get our crack at four fresh NFL playoff matchups and an NCAA Championship Game this weekend.  I'm also keeping Brittany as my good luck charm again this week because I refuse to believe that she suffers prolonged losing streaks (that and the fact that these pictures are just so adorable)...  :)




Coach's Terrific Ten (Last Week 3-8-1, Overall 65-71-2)


Patriots 27  Ravens 13  ---  Patriots (-7)  ---  (Under 47.5)
This is not the same Ravens defense that has defeated the Patriots in recent playoff games, in case you're buying into all of that "Flacco vs. Brady" stuff...

Seahawks 20  Panthers 13  ---  Panthers (+11)  ---  (Under 39.5)
Joey sees this one like I do (which usually spells trouble).  We both like Seattle outright, but that's a hard cover against a stingy Panther 'D' when your offense hasn't been lighting people up...

Packers 24  Cowboys 20  ---  Cowboys (+6)  ---  (Under 53)
The toughest game for me to pick, given the weather possibilities and Rodgers' questionable health.  Should be a very interesting matchup at Lambeau...

Broncos 27  Colts 17  ---  Broncos (-7)  ---  (Under 54)
Again with the weather, I don't see Manning crushing the Colts, but I do think that Denver has enough to cover here...

Oregon 48  Ohio State 24  ---  Oregon (-6.5)  ---  (Under 75.5)
Another outcome that Joey and I agree strongly on (be very afraid)...  Ducks tempo should give the Buckeyes fits here, although Oregon isn't shutting anybody out...



Without any ado at all, live from Las Vegas, here's Joey...  :)





Football is winding down but the parlay cards are hot (not mine, but that's a different story)...  I'll start with Saturday's games...


Joey's Terrific Ten (Last Week 4-7-1, Overall 62-71-5)


Ravens 24  Patriots 21  ---  Ravens (+7)  ---  (Under 47.5)
The kids from Baltimore are not afraid to travel to New England to take on the #1 seed in the AFC...

Seahawks 17  Panthers 10  ---  Panthers (+11)  ---  (Under 39.5)
The Seahawks are the defending Super Bowl champs, but they are not blowing anyone out.  Seattle wins the game, but the Panthers get the cover...

Packers 38  Cowboys 30  ---  Packers (-6)  ---  (Over 53)
These two teams have not met very many times in the playoffs.  One of those meetings was the 'Ice Bowl.' History has a way of repeating itself.  I like Tony Romo, but the Dallas 'D' has trouble stopping the Pack...

Broncos 42  Colts 10  ---  Broncos (-7)  ---  (Under 54)
Finally, my Denver Broncos are better than last year's team, but may have peaked back in October.  This game is a rematch of Week 1 where Denver was up big to start, then had to hang on for the win.  Peyton does not make the same mistake twice...

Oregon 44  Ohio State 28  ---  Oregon (-6.5)  ---  (Under 75.5)
And now the best national championship game ever - no Alabama and no cheating SEC team.  Both of these teams earned the right to be here.  Oregon has scored 40 or more points in all but 2 games.  Urban Meyer is a great coach, but he is not on the field and has not had three weeks to prepare.  Oregon is fast and flies by the Buckeyes...


And that's it my friends.  You're probably not going to see me until next week unless the weather is so bad (and I get so fed up with unpacking) that I get on my computer.  Have a great weekend and I'll see you soon!










  

4 comments:

  1. I'm on the Cowboys +6 and Pats -7. I always get that warm and fuzzy feeling when you and I are on the same plays.

    I mean, not the good warm and fuzzies . . . More like I wanna puke. Ugh. Good luck to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sick is exactly how I feel when Joey and I are on the same plays... Good luck Pete!

      Delete
  2. As much as I despise THE Ohio State University, I did like having the national champion come out of the Big Ten.

    ReplyDelete