Thursday, January 22, 2015

What An Ugly Day

"I've done this so many times before, but yet I still get the first day of school jitters..."
-Alyssa Lesa-

"My little man is a Cowboys fan.  I blame my parents since they are die hard Cowboys fans..." -Monica Rodriguez-

"Small changes get big results..." -Belyne Gonzalez-

"What I learned in kindergarten today:  1)  Ketchup is like tomato syrup.  2)  One of my students does not have very good "hearsight"..." -Katherine Jennings-

"When you are happy, you enjoy the music, but when you are sad, you understand the lyrics..."
-via Wes Trapp-

"The most important thing you can ever do for your children is to support them and believe in them no matter what..." -Krysta Gutierrez-

"Replanted my herb garden today!!!  Sooo happy! -Jillian Wolpman-

"Don't wake me up, up, up up up....  Seriously DON'T DO IT!!!!" -Leanne Calderon-

"Damn, one of those days all around..." -Tiffany Wright-


Good evening everyone.  As Alyssa reminds us, school is back in session at our local universities (my employer included), and that just plays into the frustrating tale that I'm about to share with you.  My friend Jillian replanted her herb garden a while back, but this photo is a fair depiction of what our weather was like over the weekend here in Austin...


However, today was NOT this past weekend, and I should have taken Leanne's advice from above and STAYED IN BED!!!  Instead, I did indeed wake up, and I have to agree with Tiffany - it was one of those days all around...

I remember the first time (hey Nick) that I was extremely upset in 2015...  So it's in the 40's with a 100% chance of rain in the ATX this morning, and it was MISERABLE!  I usually walk about a mile to work because the campus bus would get me there late, but I called my boss this morning and told him that I was going to be a few minutes late (instead of walking in the cold rain).  If my memory served correctly, the campus bus arrives at my apartment complex at 7:20 a.m.  I'm there at that time, and there's no bus.  At 7:25, there are a few students waiting with me, and no bus.  By 7:30, a few more students have come (and a few have given up and left, and OH YES, it's raining and the wind chill is like 40 degrees)...  Before 7:35 I finally ask someone when the first bus arrives, and this guy responds, "they run every 5 minutes."  Not so much.  At 7:40 I look one last time, there's no bus in sight, and I decide that I can't wait.  Yeah, so after standing outside for TWENTY MINUTES, I end up walking anyway - OH, I WAS NOT happy when I arrived at work this morning...  I showed up soaked and frozen after being outside for 35 minutes, and for my effort I was about a half-hour late for work. Today was an UGLY day...  And it was cold and miserable ALL... DAY... LONG...  I sincerely hope that all of you had a better day than I did, and if by some chance today was your birthday, God Bless You, and you might want to ask for a do-over tomorrow (or this weekend).  Yeah, we basically have the same forecast for tomorrow right now (high of 51, with an 80% chance of rain)...

Okay, time to shake this awful day off.  I'm happy to report that my brother's family made it safely to Las Vegas.  My brother did safely navigate the long drive across Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona into southern Nevada in two days, and all of his family is now resting happily (with their belongings) a little north of the Strip.  Before I share what I stole from my friends today (yes, in addition to all of the quotes at the top of this entry), I wanted to let you know that I do intend to write a bit about the NFL and the NBA very soon.  I'm not talking about predictions from Joey and myself, but basically ranting and blowing off steam.  I'll leave it at that right now, except for sharing this photo via my friend Alvin, because LeBron is going to be one of my topics of frustration in the next week...

    
Love it...  Speaking of fat cats, my friend Catherine posted this photo on facebook recently...


I obviously saw this one a while back, but it's true and I have more time to write now...  ;)  Since we're on the subject of animals now, my friend Alexia was tagged in another photo on the book of face that I found amusing...


And I would TOTALLY square off against a Care Bear for any of you...  :)  As I've perused my facebook wall over the past few months, I've seen that my friend David has moved out of state due to work.  Although David is having to adjust to leaving San Marcos, America, I can completely vouch for the fact that he is eating well, as practically every status that he posts revolves around going out to eat...  :)  With that being said, I wanted to give you a sample photo of one of his meals, because it sets up my "big finish" for tonight...


I'm not exactly sure what this entree is, but I suspect that it beats the cuisine that I'm about to cover...Whatever you're doing, keep it up David!  :)  I posted this photo on facebook yesterday when I was in a much better mood than I was throughout the day today...  See ya next time everyone...  :)













No comments:

Post a Comment