Thursday, November 8, 2012

Getting Close


It is now only forty more days until I return to Las Vegas for a week.  It's hard to believe that I have been back in San Marcos for sixty-eight days after my August move/vacation to the desert, and now I'll be returning for a week of seeing friends, betting football parlay tickets, and playing poker.  I honestly had not looked at the NFL schedule until after I had made my travel arrangements because I already knew that the window of time from the 16th through the 26th of December was when I would be able to make my trip.  Let's just say that I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the weekend of my stay in Las Vegas will be during Week 16 of the NFL schedule as opposed to during Week 17...  Those of you who follow the NFL closely, or who have played fantasy football,  or have done some sports betting, etc...,  know that it is almost impossible to figure out anything out in Week 17 (the last week of the season) because you have no clue as to how the playoff-bound teams will utilize their rosters.  This means that in addition to the college bowl games, I will also have one weekend of NFL games to bet...  I would LOVE to make some money on this trip after my unexpected departure from the desert at the end of August, and following my slow start out of the gate predicting football games this season.  It's kind of sad that I am semi-ecstatic that my overall record calling games against the spread for the season is back to the .500 mark, but it is back to the .500 mark...  ;)

The best facebook message that I read this morning upon waking up was that one my coworkers, who is 20 years-old, is watching 'Dumb and Dumber' for the first time....  :)  Yes, I think that he is the one person in the world who has never seen this movie.  The film came up in some intellectual post-work conversation when he mentioned that he had never seen it.  'Shock' would probably be the best word to sum up my reaction to this revelation...  :)  Needless to say, I can't wait to work with the guy again...

Glancing up at my calendar, where I currently keep all of my little blog notes, I am realizing that we are exactly 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving, and are just over 50 days from another year flying by...  It's funny as you get older and approach those milestones like getting your driver's license, graduating from high school,  becoming old enough to drink, etc..., how time just CANNOT go by fast enough, and then when you reach a certain age, you are just searching for ANY WAY to slam on the brakes to slow it all down.  The year 2013 coming soon to a life near you...  This changing of the year will surely prompt my recent habit of mulling over "should I move to Las Vegas when my lease ends?" to kick in again, but I will not be nearly as obsessed with it this time around.  Not knowing is always the most stressful and unnerving thing for me, but San Marcos, America has many good qualities, and Las Vegas is a lot different than when I lived there before due to the weak economy.  As I have stated here before, I wasn't very keen on living in the desert the first time around anyway (due to the fact that it's an isolated-feeling desert), so we'll see what happens...

That's all that I've got for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with my football picks, hopefully the ones that put me over the .500 mark for the season...  Have a great day!
  

      

No comments:

Post a Comment