Monday, November 12, 2012

This Is Like A Maze!!...

Good morning everyone.  I'm just sitting here using youtube as my personal jukebox playing 'Pumped Up Kicks' by Foster The People over and over again as I bring this Monday ramble to you (in case you were wondering how the other half lives)...  I have decided to scale the writing of this blog down to just weekdays because after doing "extensive market research" (looking at the blog statistics) it seems that no one reads on the weekends...  Oh, and if you did stop by yesterday to see a new entry, I do apologize...  For those other poor souls that do plan on stopping by on a Saturday or Sunday, you can go back through some of my "greatest hits" as I have now posted almost 200 times (pretty amazing if you think about it)...  If you knew that English was in about a dead heat with Science as being my least favorite subject in high school, and that I found writing to be the worst part of my English classes, then this might amaze you...

So, I'm off to a 7-2 start against the spread on the football games this weekend, guaranteeing my fourth winning week in a row (6-4, 7-3, 6-4, and this week)...  My 10th pick for the week is the under on Monday night's game between the Steelers and the Chiefs (under 42 1/2).

I have one of the older home scales with the dial instead of a digital readout, but depending on how far it resets from zero and how fast your eyes dart back and forth, I am still 3 to 4 pounds under the weight I started at (231 pounds then) when I changed my eating habits about 3 weeks ago.  Through no conscious choice of my own (at least to begin with), I still haven't touched any of the Pepsis in my refrigerator during the last 3 weeks, I am eating a lot more vegetables (a.k.a., A LOT of freaking salads), and I have cut down on my carbohydrate intake.  Considering that my friend Sam gave me an unexpected plate of barbecue to enjoy while watching the Texans/Bears game tonight at Harper's, I'm not going to complain about my mild weight loss...  Just sitting here thinking about it, that plate of barbecue may have added a pound to the weigh-in I just did...

A few nights ago at work I was told by a coworker that I "move like a ghost..."  I'm evidently very stealth when I want to be...  ;)  At the station that I man at work on the busier nights, I am often offered a variety of handshakes, high-fives, fistbumps, and hugs.  One of the stranger things that happened occurred a few nights ago when a girl walking by reached out slowly and touched the tip of my nose, with her finger extended 'E.T.' style...

Speaking of manning that station, there is a line that I have heard from customers EASILY one hundred times if I have heard it once...  When the customers round the corner where I am stationed and take the right turn, the phrase "This Is Like A Maze" has been uttered so often that I'm sick of hearing it, and The Veranda, our rooftop bar, has been open for less than two months...  The thing is, the phrase is uttered in COMPLETE AMAZEMENT, like no one has EVER walked down a hallway before.  To the best of my knowledge, mazes have several options of possible paths to pursue, and if they involve mice, there is usually cheese to be found somewhere upon successfully reaching the end of them???

I hope that you had an enjoyable Veterans Day and I'll see you again tomorrow!





  



  

1 comment:

  1. good morning Coach! Congrats on the lifestyle changes! I'm loving the E.T. style nose touch you recieved, my son (22 months old) and I do a variation where we do a double finger point at each other then reach out and touch fingers. His eyes light up when it happens, as if he knows it's "our little thing". Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete