Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Remember The First Time (34)

"Things aren't the way they were before, you wouldn't even recognize me anymore, not that you knew me back then, but it all comes back to me in the end..." -Linkin Park- (In The End)

"United We Stand..."  -On The Electronic Scroll Of All Of The UT Buses Today-

"I know you're an emotional girl, it took a lot for you to not lose your faith in this world, I can't offer you proof, but you're going to face a moment of truth, it's hard when you're always afraid, you just recover when another belief is betrayed, so break my heart if you must, it's a matter of trust..." -Billy Joel- (A Matter Of Trust)



I remember the first time that I started a post really late at night (and it wasn't tonight)...  Good evening everyone...  

I remember the first time that my smartphone wasn't so smart anymore...  Yeah boys and girls, it looks like I'm going to have to get a new phone.  The majority of my touchscreen is no longer cooperating, making it almost impossible to use my Droid.  It looks like someone is going to be getting themselves an early birthday present this weekend (I turn 101 next month)...

I remember the first time that it seemed like some of the college kids were catching on...  Recently I wrote about the crowded campus buses here (and right now you're thinking to yourself, "this HAS TO BE the most exciting blog ON THE PLANET!...").  Anyway, every time that I get off of the bus, I thank the bus driver.  Even if I'm exiting out of the back door of the bus, I YELL "Thank You!" to the driver.  Well, when I left the bus a few days back, about five people IN A ROW exiting in front of me thanked the driver for the ride...  #makingadifference  ;)


I remember the first time that I posted fantasy football scores in the blog...  You're going to have to sit down for this - my team WON last week!  Okay, these are the scores from Week 1 (this will get everyone in the blog this week - from here on out, I'll put the teams at the top of the standings in here each week):

Bikini Hill Bobcats  116  You Have No Mahbles  98
Dead Crickets  113  Team UPRISING  83
Con Juevos  74  Team DonkeyDave  61
Good Dotto  141  Team Morales  126  (That's usually my luck - 126 meets 141...)
Out On Bail  127  Dirty South NASCAR LARRY  102
Midday Moon Assassins  68  Team Dionne  67  (That's usually my luck, losing by one...)

I remember the first time that I added another football day to the week (yes Miletus, this is just for you)...  :)  So we have NFL football on Thursday night, college football on Friday night, college all day Saturday, NFL all day Sunday, the NFL Monday night game, nothing on Tuesday (who can we talk to?), and no games on Wednesday.  BUT, Wednesday is the day that I solicit my celebrity experts for their picks, I find my 'Ten Best Bets' for the weekend, I enter my contest picks, and I look at my fantasy lineup for the week.  Not such a bad day after all...  ;)

I remember the first time that things would never be the same again...  Twelve years ago I was standing in the hallway at San Marcos High School during a passing period when the teacher next door told me that an airplane had crashed into one of the Twin Towers in New York City.  I also remember later that day when a freshman student of mine felt bad (maybe guilty is a better word?) because September 11th is her birthday.  May you always celebrate your birthday with pride Carrie, and may God bless America...

Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow (with my co-pilot Alyssa, who has no possibility of being annoying after her Texans came back from down 28-7 to win on Monday night)...  ;)










  



  



1 comment:

  1. So you got to see an overtime NFL game? Cool. Not to mention you got the result you wanted, I'm sure ...

    ReplyDelete