Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Only Thing

"I don't quite know, how to say, how I feel..., those three words, are said too much, they're not enough..." -Snow Patrol- (Chasing Cars)

"The only thing holding you back is you..." -Chris Wyatt-

"But I'm never gonna make it without you, do you really want to see me crawl?..."
-Air Supply- (Making Love Out Of Nothing At All)



Good morning everyone.  In case you haven't already read yesterday's post, I have decided to stop the theme days here (Could You?/I Remember The First Time), but I will reference them once on twice per entry that I publish here on their respective days.

I remember the first time that I caught you up on my life...  Well, Austin and the cooler weather are definitely agreeing with me, and I've arranged to take the whole weekend off at work, which will give me the opportunity to continue with some much-needed apartment straightening outing (it's a real thing)...  I've already checked the t.v. football menu for the whole weekend, and there will be a lot of good games playing in the background to keep me occupied.  I intend to include as many of these nationally televised games as possible in my 'Ten Best Bets' for those of you who like rooting against my selections...  ;)  Actually, it will just be for my amusement, as it will give me a rooting interest of some sort...  :P

Speaking of background distractions, while I live through another personal "football Wednesday," the Breaking Bad marathon will be starting on AMC.  For those of you who haven't watched this amazing show already (I think that the number of people who have read my blog may be higher than the number of people who haven't watched an episode of Breaking Bad), the marathon will be starting with the pilot episode (7:00 p.m. CST) and will continue with several episodes per night until Sunday when the final show of the series will be aired.  Do yourself a favor and check it out...


Fantasy football blunders is the topic...  Well, I took a nap before the game (and writing my 'Football Friday' blog entry) on Thursday night, and after Vick turned the ball over for the first time, I had to check to see if I did indeed put Brees in for Vick.  Long story short, Vick was locked in and Brees outscored him 31-15 this week.  Coach lost his fantasy matchup by 10 points, and his team has dropped to 2-1 on the season due to poor coaching.  Here are the records of the top teams in my league...


East

Dead Crickets (3-0), Bikini Hill Bobcats (2-1), Con Juevos (2-1)


West

Good Dotto (3-0), Team Morales (2-1), Midday Moon Assassins (2-1)


I'm not sure what else to say here, so I'm just going to ramble on for a minute (as opposed to usual)...  This little blog of mine will be celebrating its second birthday on Friday, and its birthday weekend will likely to see it surpass 49,000 total views.  I remember the day very well two years ago when I was sitting at my computer in San Marcos, America, just "checking out" blogger.com and blogspot.com because I had toyed with the idea of starting a blog at some point.  When I decided WHILE I WAS INVESTIGATING to start my blog THAT DAY (I can be very impulsive sometimes), the hardest part was coming up with a name.  'The View From Bikini Hill' was born after I verified that the name was nowhere to be found on the search engines.  Names like 'The View From Left Field,' The View From The Bleachers,' The View From The Pressbox,' and 'The View From The Dugout,' etc... had already been spoken for (I knew that sports would be at least one of the topics that I would write about).  The number of viewers that have stopped by here is pretty humbling to me to be quite honest...    

I guess that I'm going to stop here so that I can get some sleep, but I hope to see you again on Friday when I'll have another loaded football post for you.  Have a great day!















  




No comments:

Post a Comment