Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Could You? (19)

"I'd rather be optimistic than to be a hateful person!  Only you can change who you are and who you want to be!!" -@texanslover100- (via twitter)

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones..."
-@shizKendallSays- (via twitter)

"Please doubt me - that's when I do my best work..." -@thatUPSdude- (via twitter)

"Me every night:  I can have exactly 7 hours 23 minutes and 48 seconds of sleep if I fall asleep right now..." -@ComedyTruth- (via twitter)

"Am I that strong..., to carry on?...  I might change your life, I might save my world, COULD YOU SAVE ME?..." -Fuel- (Falls On Me)



Could you give us some great lyrics from an inspirational song that include the question "could you?" since that's your theme today Coach?  I could...  ;)  If you've never heard that song above by Fuel, please check it out.  Actually, anytime that I quote lyrics from a song, your homework assignment is to check them out.  I have great taste...  ;)

Could you tell us what your schedule was like when you were teaching and coaching?  Check out the quote above the Fuel lyrics about falling asleep...  That was me ALL THE TIME when I was a coach (if you change the '7' hours to 4 hours...  Getting burned out was the main reason that I got in and out of the profession so many times...

Could you please let me know what you think of the new blog background?  Bikini Hill & 6th turned twenty months old today, and I was more than tired of seeing that dying dandelion that was at the top of the page, so it's gone...  Whether you leave me a comment here, or on my facebook page, or on twitter, or in person, I'd like to know what you think of the new color scheme.  I will let you know right now that the colors here will change depending on things that are happening in my universe (for example, if the Spurs were to win their fifth NBA Championship in a few weeks, you might see a lot of black, white, and silver)...  For now, I didn't want to depart too much from the old color scheme (the yellow heading representing the sun, the blue repping the sky, the green representing grass, etc...).  I have already found that using this template will help me to align my columns more easily, but in turn, it has also messed up the alignment of many of the columns in my older posts, which I have no motivation to go back and change by the way (other than yesterday's post).  Please let me know what you think, if this color scheme is readable, etc...

Could you please not deplete San Marcos, America of all of its Pittsburgh Steelers fans?  I found out a couple of days ago that my friend Gabby will be moving up to Chicago to do her internship.  Gabby is from Ohio and is a diehard Steelers fan.  Coupled with the fact that I am going to be moving back to the ATX in the near future, there is definitely going to be a even more severe shortage of Steelers fans here in the fastest-growing large city in the United States...  I think that Gabby should take the brunt of the blame for this, but I wish her the best of luck in the Windy City...  :)

Could you please make me roll my eyes?  Over the weekend I was fortunate enough to see my Red Raider friend and former hoopster Jennifer, the same girl who posted 849 photos of her class ring on facebook recently...  Jennifer made her first trip up to the Veranda during this visit, and when she came back downstairs, I asked her what she thought about it.  My friend 'DJ Z' was working up top and Jennifer commented on the number of people that were dancing and how she felt old...  Let me tell you, I cannot get enough of my former Rattlers telling me that THEY'RE OLD...  ;)

Could you give us another Veranda-related story, since you already brought it up?  Over the weekend, as some customers were approaching me after our line to get upstairs had vanished, due to the number of people up there dipping back down below our capacity of 200, I heard the following:  "Summer is cool because there's no one here..."  I just smiled as the small group walked by en route to the 193 people that were still partying up on the roof...  ;)

Could you tell us just one more Veranda-related tale, pretty please?  Once our customers have been carded downstairs, it is no longer necessary for them to prove their age as they proceed upstairs, but they often try to show me their licenses when they reach me.  This is understandable due to the spot where I'm positioned in the hallway, so much so that I haven't even made a point of picking on them here in the blog...  :)  However, I was amused over the weekend when a girl approached me rapidly with her right arm fully exteneded, license in hand, asking me, "did you see it?"  She never stopped as she rushed on by on her way up to the roof, like my brain was equipped with some..., TOLL TAG READER, Terminator-style technology, processing her age-verification as she sped on by...  :)

I hope that you have a great day, and I will see you again tomorrow with an actual poker post!!!  (That's a message to all of the blog writers whose links you see on the right side of this page)...  ;)



      










No comments:

Post a Comment