Monday, July 29, 2013

Alyssa's Corner

"Black and orange stray cat sitting on a fence..., I ain't got enough dough to pay the rent..., I'm flat broke but I don't care, I strut right by with my tail in the air..." -Stray Cats- (Stray Cat Strut)







Good evening everyone, and heaven help us...  :)  As you all know, I've been SHAMELESS in pilfering material for my posts while I've been commuting from San Marcos to Austin for work.  Although I'm stealing most of this entry from a conversation that I had late last night, I'm sure that some of you will enjoy it (well..., at least ONE OF YOU will enjoy it)...  :)  Pictured above with the one hundred year-old man is the famous Alyssa (pronounced uhh-lee-suhh), and you're just seconds away from reading about why she's giving me a quarter (and note my empathy).  If you type her name into the blog search to the right, your computer will basically explode...  As we chatted about frivolous things on facebook last night (such as her stellar grades in college - no, really..., she DID have stellar grades), Alyssa told me not to get cocky...  Hmmm...  It was at this point that I reminded her about our HUGE BET on the Texans/Patriots playoff game, and I told Alyssa that I had her $1.50 framed in "6 little quarter frames..."  Alyssa's response was, "Guh!  Losing that dollar fifty was rough.  Do you really have them in quarter frames?..."  :)  I told her that I should put her in the blog JUST FOR ASKING THAT, and then realized that might be Alyssa's ploy...  She responded that there should be A SECTION in my blog called "Alyssa's Corner," and "you just talk about Belle (her cat) and me.  Oh!  and my new fish named Peter..."  She was locked into the blog tonight the second that I read the comment about the fish...  :)  When I asked about using her photo in the blog, Alyssa (being shy like myself) replied, "put pictures of me all over that blog..."  :)  She also added that she wanted some pics of Belle too, but I may need more material later this week...  :P  As much as I've picked on Alyssa in the blog since I've known her (and remember that I only pick on people I like), I am going to let you in on something here (I'm about to say something very nice about her that she didn't know was coming)...  :)  At one point early in the spring semester when I was working at Harper's, Alyssa gave me both her mom's name (who is the associate superintendent of a school district) and her aunt's name (who is the superintendent in another district) just in case I decided to return to teaching and coaching this year.  Thank you Alyssa...  :)  It's nice to mix in that curveball as much as we pick on each other...  ;)

I hope that the photo of my kind friend and that heartwarming story make up for the brevity of this post tonight, or maybe you appreciate my conciseness, knowing that things will be back to normal again here very soon...  :)  Have a good one and I'll see you again on Tuesday night...





      




No comments:

Post a Comment