Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's Pointless

"Do you feel like a man, when you push her around?, Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?, Well, I'll tell you my friend, one day this world's going to end, as your lies crumble down, a new life she has found..." -Red Jumpsuit Apparatus- (Face Down)



Good evening everyone.  I could whine some more about how tired I am, but it occurs to me that at this time last year, I was somewhere on the back end of a 20-plus hour drive to Las Vegas after having been awake for a while here in San Marcos, America, so I won't whine (well, not about that anyway)...  First I'm going to shamelessly throw the name Alyssa into today's entry, just to see if this post will top 160 views also (YES, that's 2 days in a row where the total views have been over 160 -164 to be precise - I SHUDDER at the thought of having to work 'Alyssa's Corner' into the rotation, SHUDDER I tell you)...  :)  Second, just for kicks, I considered giving tonight's post the title of "My Last Blog Entry Ever" just to see how many views would have been tallied tonight (yes, I'm really tired), but then I thought of all of the disappointed faces that would have been staring down already opened champagne bottles when the truth was revealed.

Okay, here's what tonight's post title really refers to (and sports people, I PROMISE that you will see a HEALTHY INCREASE in the words dedicated to athletic competition here - namely football, after I get moved into the ATX)...  Which brings us to tonight's topic:  Why even bother with having an NFL Pro Bowl every year?  It's pointless...  First of all, the "competition level" (it's hard to type that phrase even using the quotation marks) has been a joke in recent years.  They've almost always played no defense in this game, but I remember (I think it was the year before last) when a lineman went like sixty yards for a touchdown because no one was "able" to tackle him...  Second, in a game where you're allegedly showcasing the stars of the league, SO MANY players opt out of the game - "Joe All-Star was named to the team this year but is being replaced because he sneezed three weeks ago..."  Second and a half (sue me), along the same lines, let's play the game the week BEFORE the Super Bowl so that members of the two teams that are currently the best in the league won't be in Hawaii - AWESOME idea...  Third, and this is the newest wrinkle (that I just learned about today, and is the reason for this impromptu rant), let's not have kickoffs in the game.  Yeah, you read that right..., no kickoffs in the Pro Bowl.  The ball will be placed at the twenty-five yard line in lieu of having kickoffs, and the Pro Bowl spot of kick returner will be replaced by an extra defensive secondary player being named to the squad (Devin Hester is THRILLED about this by the way)...  The game will still have punts though, with no player named to the teams for the specific purpose of returning them (from the people that brought you "let's play the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl")...

Okay, that's enough out of me.  Have a good one and I'll see you tomorrow night...

    




No comments:

Post a Comment