Friday, December 14, 2012

I Wanna See Miracles

"I wanna see miracles, to see the world change..." -Switchfoot- (Twenty-Four)


Good afternoon everyone.  Ever since I first heard these lyrics, this song now comes to mind every time that I hear about something senseless that happens in our world.  My heart goes out to those closely affected by the stabbings outside of the primary school in China, to those up in Connecticut who are dealing with the elementary school shooting that occurred earlier this morning, and to people everywhere who are dealing with this continuing random violence that is plaguing us...

As we head into this football weekend, I am coming off of a 7-3 showing last weekend, which now has me at 73-69-2 for the season.  It seems that I could have gone 8-2 had I noticed that the Cowboys were (+3) against the Bengals and not (-3), but I picked the game at (-3) and I'll stick with it...  Here are my picks for this weekend:


Indianapolis/Houston (Over 48) - Both have been scoring a lot of points...
Indianapolis (+9) @ Houston - The Texans haven't been blowing decent teams out...
Carolina/San Diego (Over 45) - Neither squad here is a defensive juggernaut...
San Francisco/New England (Under 47) - 49ers 'O' and 'D' units are not the Texans...
New York Jets/Tennessee (Under 42) - Will these 2 groups reach 35?...
Detroit (-6) @ Arizona - The Lions should be able to beat this free-falling group...
Pittsburgh/Dallas (Over 44) - Seems like at least low 50's to me...
Seattle/Buffalo (Under 43) - Anticipating the Bills don't have 84 turnovers...
Denver/Baltimore (Under 48) - Law of averages that a Broncos game will go under sometime...
Green Bay (-3) @ Chicago - Bears didn't look great last week, at all...

Okay, we'll see what damage I do with those picks, and yes, I kind of like 'overs' and 'unders'...  :)  Have a nice weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment