Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thirteen Days

Good morning everyone.  I'm just less than two weeks away from my trip to Las Vegas and I'm still not as prepared as I would like to be.  I did manage to copy the complete bowl schedule by hand at the library over the past couple of days, and I will probably be looking over it most every day until I depart for the desert.  At some point in time before I go I intend to give you my predicted final score for all thirty-five bowl games, along with how those scores relate to the spread and the overs/unders.  When you look at these games for yourself, be sure to note that there are a significant number of teams that are playing in their home states.  As always, it will be interesting to see how much the lines move between now and the kickoff for each of the games.  As I've also said here recently, I will be wagering on the NFL's Week 16 games, and that Sunday is a day that I plan on spending at the LVH with all of the big screens broadcasting the action, specifically for me of course...  ;)  While I'm typing about it, there won't be an NFL Monday night game in either Week 16 or Week 17 this season.  I'm assuming that is because those days happen to be Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.  My incredibly difficult-to-peg Steelers are about to host 3 of their final 4 games, for the one Steelers fan that I may have who follows this blog...  :)

On the poker front, I have to get focused and figure out which tournaments I want to play in when I visit town.  After my abrupt departure from Vegas at the end of August, I have brought up the Bravo Poker Application on my phone maybe once.  The only reason that I'm really thinking about it right now is that the app was one of several that I updated on my Droid earlier this morning.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this application, it gives you the distance that are you from any poker room participating in the program. It also tells you how many cash games they are running, when their tournaments are held, and basically any other information that they take the initiative to enter (like room promotions, etc...).  For the month of August, I basically broke even in the cash games that I participated in, and I didn't play in any tournaments that required a buy-in.  I have traditionally done well in tournaments, and quite honestly, I should probably dedicate a larger portion of my poker bankroll there when I do play.  Throughout the course of my life, I have been fortunate to have some sort of talent in many different areas, but this can also serve as a detriment to me because I'll often feel that I have the ability to do anything successfully (for example, to play as well in cash games as I do in tournaments)...  And YES Rob, and I am looking forward to playing in a cash game with you, and I'm hitting town from the 18th-24th, so be sure to mark it on your calendar...  :)

If there are any of you who read this blog who want to get together to enjoy some poker or football when I am in the desert, you can contact me through the comment section here (something that I won't publish of course, unless you want that).  You can also contact me through my twitter account listed at the top of this page.  My sponsorship pool is up to $590.00 in pledges now, and I have collected $520.00 of that, so I'm pretty confident in being able to raise most, if not all of the $1,000.00 goal that I've set.

Have a great day everyone and I'll see you again tomorrow!
        



      

3 comments:

  1. "I did manage to copy the complete bowl schedule by hand at the library over the past couple of days"

    Coach, they have internet / photo-copiers in Texas, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel more invested in it this way... ;)

    ReplyDelete