Friday, November 28, 2014

We're Even

Good afternoon everyone.  I hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving yesterday.  I had a very nice afternoon with my family (which I'll talk about a little more in the future).  When it comes to our football picks, Joey and I are now even in the standings.  I have one more win than Joey, but I also have an extra loss.  This is possible because Joey has two more ties than I do.  I wish that our records were better, but the .500 mark isn't too far out of reach, and we're still more than 2 months away from the Super Bowl.  Without any further ado,. here's Joey...



Regular season college football is coming to an end, so most of my seven picks will come from the NFL.  I do have a few college picks though...


Joey's Lucky Seven (5-2 Last Week, 41-47-3 Overall)

Utah St. (+9) @ Boise St. - Aggies are best kept secret in Mountain West...
Nevada (-10) @ UNLV - This is a revenge spot - UNLV took the cannon last year.  Coupled with a disheartening loss at Hawaii, the Rebels have mailed in the season...
Arkansas St. (-21) vs. New Mexico St. - NMSU hasn't won a game since Week 3...
Browns (+3) @ Bills - We haven't checked the weather report, but the Browns are the surprise team in the NFL.
Cardinals (-1.5) @ Falcons - Falcons may be leading the NFC South, but game management by the coaching staff is in question...
Saints/Steelers (Over 53) - Neither team's defense is very good...
Vikings (-2.5) vs. Carolina - Bridgewater is having a good rookie season and this game is winnable...


As we get to my predictions, you'll notice that I threw a pair of college bets in there this weekend, just to spread my losing out.  You'll also notice that I like a lot of totals.  We're also sticking with the random girl from Vegas after coming off the winning week..




Coach's Lucky Seven (4-3 Last Week, 42-48-1 Overall)

Oregon/Oregon State (Under 67) - Some inclement weather may help me...
Florida/Florida State (Under 53) - Gators don't score much...
Bengals (-3.5) @ Buccaneers - Cincy better hope they cover this one...
Redskins/Colts (Under 51) - Shouldn't be fireworks in this matchup...
Broncos/Chiefs (Under 50) - Chiefs are tough at home...
Chargers (+6.5) @ Ravens - A little wishful thinking maybe???
Patriots/Packers (Under 58.5) - Dicey weather expected at Lambeau...


And that's what we have for the weekend.  Have a great football weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving yesterday.

    I did, thank you, and hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving Thursday, Outback Steakhouse last night, San Antonio Rampage hockey tonight, NFL on Sunday, lots of naps... :D Oops, giving away my next blog entry... ;)

      Delete