Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Watching Criminal Minds


Good morning everyone.  I'm still adjusting to my new job, and I'm still putting together my apartment piecemeal (evidently a lot of stuff fits into a small SUV, for those of you who were following my migration across the Southwestern U.S. about eight months back).  Long story short, I haven't been writing here as often as I'm used to, but the good thing, the blog is always here when I'm ready to come back to it.  In the time that I haven't been writing here (or at my new blogs), I 've also been watching some college basketball in my downtime, and last weekend (leading into this week) was very gratifying for me as a couple of the media darlings aren't getting the love that they were recently.  First Gonzaga, which plays in a super weak conference, and who evidently (according to one of the t.v. commentators) "cringes" at being called a "mid-major," well, they're done.  Play a team from the ACC and take a 14-point loss - who would've thought???  As for Kentucky (who is obviously good, but who also didn't play a stellar schedule, which helps in going 38-0), well, there are a few more people out there now in the media who aren't just handing the title to them on a silver platter, thinking that it's going to be a cakewalk for the Wildcats, after they survived the three-seed in their region.  Now Calipari and company get Wisconsin, and that ought to be a heck of a test too.

On my prop bets, I hit on Michigan State winning their region at 9 to 1, and I still have 3 teams (yes, everyone but Kentucky, who had low-paying odds) to win the title.  I have Wisconsin at 8 to 1, Duke at 9 to 1, and Michigan State at 40 to 1.  Go Sparty!!!  :)

Okay, I've been busy, I'm a horrible person, whatever.  Now it's time to steal from my friends again and go to bed.  First, I've had friends post a RUN of incredible photos, which make me question why I have STILL never lived near the ocean (or any real water to speak of, other than the San Marcos River)...

       
This is from my friend Scott, who lives a little further south than Austin.  This shot is from my friend Carrie, who lives in the same vicinity as Scott...


Punks...  This shot is from my friend Shae, who I met in my very first job at UT, working here as a temp back at that time...


I could get used to that.  And this photo is from my friend Destiny...


No water here, but still a good shot...  :)  I've got some water in this one, as my friend Kelly took to facebook, trying to get some help figuring out what that creature above the turtle is...


The webbed-feet make it hard to pinpoint, although "soft-shell turtle" has been the most popular vote.  My friend Penny posted this shot recently, and it appears that this grocery store is advertising their rotisserie chicken.  However, the placement of the sticker makes it looks like a label...


... for the cupcake.  Lemon pepper or barbecue pastry my friends???  My friend Tracey shared this one recently, which I think is an honest depiction of the path to success...


And last but not least, a group called 'San Marvelous' (who I messaged on facebook to see if it would be okay to share photos with some of their "models" showing off their 'San Marvelous' gear - I never got a response), well, I don't think that I'll offend anyone sharing this gem without their blessing...


You see, the campus at my alma mater in San Marcos, America, well..., it's just a LITTLE hilly...  :)  Harris is one of the dining halls on campus, and this meme made me laugh out loud when I saw it tonight.  To all of my friends who shared their quotes and photos with the blog tonight, a job well done...  :D

I hope that all of you had a great first quarter of 2015, and that you have an outstanding April!  See ya soon...

2 comments:

  1. My wife loves the features from our cable company. I have often wondered if we might be better off switching to Direct TV or the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard bad things about Direct TV's service (when you have a problem), but Time Warner has pretty much been the option at my apartment complexes (they make deals with the properties/sole provider type stuff)...

      Delete