Friday, October 14, 2011

Good Week

Happy Friday everyone - let me start off by saying that before I did not realize that you had to be a registered user to leave comments on my blog, but I think that I have fixed that now.  For those of you following the blog, I appreciate your interest - after this weekend I should be able to say that 'The View From Bikini Hill' has had hundreds of viewers.  Based on last weekend's football picks, I should have moved back to Las Vegas, well, for one weekend at least...  I was 4-1 on my college picks and 2-1 on my NFL picks.  For those of you keeping score at home (I really hope that you're not), we're 7-4 on the college games after 2 weeks, and 4-2 on the NFL.  Bill Snyder and Kathryn's karma did jump up and bite me again, as the Wildcats were able to hold off Missouri - yeah, EMAW Kathryn...  :)  Aside from that game though, the other four picks came through.  Notre Dame (easy win), Texas A&M (exciting game), Nebraska (nice comeback), and Oklahoma (OUCH!!) all won last week.  On the NFL picks, the Saints and Panthers covered the over, the Lions covered agaisnt the Bears (although the Bears were about 2 yards from blowing that on the final play of the game), and my loss came in the Pats/Jets game with just over a minute remaining when a field goal sent that game over. 

On to this week's college games...  I am going to go to the well again (the one that I am stuck at the bottom of), and I will take Texas Tech at home over Kansas State.  The Wildcats now have to leave Manhattan to play in Lubbock, and if I am wrong, I may just end up picking against K-State all the way to their national championship this season (no need to thank me Kathryn).  :)  The Red Raiders almost had the Aggies, and I think they'll get the Wildcats.  Baylor at Texas A&M - another tough game.  I am going to take the Aggies simply because they are the home team.  I think that these two squads are about as evenly matched-up as a pair of teams can be.  In Austin, I am going to have to pick Oklahoma State against the Longhorns.  The Cowboys have a scary offense, and I don't know if they will have to force as many turnovers as the Sooners did to pile up a bunch of points.  I do think that Texas will score more than 10 points this week on the OSU defense, but I don't think they will be able to match scores with the Orange and Black.  I will pick two ESPN games for the 4th and 5th picks, since they look to be pretty good games.  I will take 11th-ranked Michigan against 23rd-ranked Michigan State (11:00 am CST kickoff) and I will take the Auburn Tigers at home against Florida (6:00 pm CST kickoff).  Taking Michigan is just pretty much going with the hot hand in this rivalry - the Wolverines are 6-0, and I'll take them against a one-loss Spartans team.  I like the Tigers at home against the Gators because I think that Florida suffered a huge loss when their quarterback went down in the Alabama game.

Three NFL picks...  I like the one-loss Bills getting 3 1/2 points at the Giants.  The Bills have been throwing the ball all over the field this year, and the Giants are struggling this season with a decimated secondary.  I am going to stay with this game and take the over - over 50 1/2 points.  I think that the Giants will be able to score enough on Buffalo that the Bills won't have to carry an unfair share of the load in getting this game to 51.  I also like the Raiders to cover the -6 1/2 points against the Browns.  The game is in Oakland, and Raider Nation ought to make the Black Hole a madhouse after the quick start Oakland has got off to.  The Browns have had issues of some sort with Peyton Hillis (contract squabble, strep throat, whatever), and this will be Oakland's first home game since Al Davis passed away a week ago.  I think the Raiders will cover a touchdown.  Good luck to everyone with their fantasy football teams (4-1 and 3-2 here), and enjoy your football this weekend!

              

No comments:

Post a Comment