Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Take It Back

Good morning everyone.  It looks like I'll be posting two days in a row this week...  Sorry that I didn't make it yesterday.  I was really sick this weekend, going to work on Saturday when most people probably would have called in feeling as badly as I did, and then I finished off my sixth straight day of work on Sunday.  Yesterday was one of those days that I went back to bed ANYTIME that I felt tired.  So here you go, your Tuesday ramble, my 100th post at 'Bikini Hill'...  I would start this ramble off with a joke about pizza, but thinking about it, it's kind of cheesy, so...  (think about it..., think about it..., AH... there you go).  ;)  Stole that from one of the bands who played at our venue on Saturday night.  For all of the Boise State 'bashing' that I do because of my strong belief that they NEVER PLAY ANYBODY, it seems that 32 NFL teams agreed with me during the NFL draft, as everyone passed on quarterback Kellen Moore, who led the Broncos to a 50-2 record as a starter.  Moore has been signed as an undrafted free agent by the Detroit Lions.  The band Jars of Clay played at our venue on Sunday night.  They are a Christian rock band from Nashville, Tennessee, and are best known for their song 'Flood', which was the lead track from the 1998 movie 'Hard Rain' starring Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater.  Freeman and Slater are part of a group of armored car drivers who take part in a heist in this movie.  It did not occur to me until I prepared to do this ramble that Slater (who actually tries to do the right thing - I was bluffing a minute ago...) hides out in a church that ends up being torched in an effort to get him to vacate it - a church is burned in the movie whose lead track is performed by a Christian rock band...  Go figure...  I actually liked the song 'Flood' so much at the time the movie was released that I bought the Jars of Clay CD it was recorded on.  I enjoyed seeing the band perform it, and I do have one funny moment to pass along from the show.  At one point during the evening I looked up into our VIP section and saw a guy performing on his own set of 'air drums', having a great time...  I don't know if I've developed a 'sixth sense' working this job for 9 months now, but something prompted me to look to the stage, where of the 5 musicians performing at the time, none of them was currently playing the drums...  :)  It's good to see that the folks in Oklahoma City have figured things out now.  Last year I was crying on my facebook because the home fans in the Thunder/Mavericks series kept wearing blue t-shirts, which was the color of the OPPOSING TEAM'S uniform.  It did my heart good to see the Thunder fans all sporting their white t-shirts last night.  And I'm sure that some people thought that I was crazy predicting that this series would go seven games.  We've had a one-point buzzer-beating game and a three-point game.  ;)  So, I've mentioned here before that the Texas State Bobcats will be joining the Western Athletic Conference this fall.  The university has a sign with the letters WAC capitalized, headlining the words 'We Are Coming'.  It's unfortunate for my alma mater that the rest of the conference appears to be leaving...  UTSA has announced that they will be leaving the WAC after this season to join Conference USA, and it's rumored that Louisiana Tech will be following them.  Two of the current WAC members have announced that they will be bolting to join the Mountain West Conference.  It will be very interesting to see where the Bobcats end up...  For all of the commercials that I bash here on Mondays, I have found another one that I like.  Have you seen the ESPN commercial where the balding white guy keeps showing up to places where he has made reservations, is getting picked up at the airport, etc..., and keeps getting responses of disappointment?  His name - Michael Jordan...  :)  At work early last week I heard the most unusual response to a statement that I've ever heard, and it keeps making me smile thinking about it...  After my shift I was involved in some banter with my friend Megan (this is the same Megan who completed her first half-marathon a few posts back).  I do have a tendency to pick on people that I like in case I have never stated that here before...  ;)  Anyway, I'm walking away from Megan toward the end of this banter when I turn and express, "I'm an ANGEL..." (letting the word 'angel' just ROLL off my lips...).  I'm out of sight now walking up the stairs when I hear the shouted response, "TAKE IT BACK!!"...  :)  Really, I am one of the good guys, just ask me...  ;)  I wonder why something as fragile as the toe is located on the end of your foot...  Yeah, I JUST got up to get something to drink and JAMMED my toe into a bookshelf...  GRRRRRRRR...  On that note, since it IS Tuesday, I will be back with a poker story for ya tomorrow.  Have a great day!
          

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100 -- look forward to the next 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mojo - it seems like I'm posting as often as you reach final tables... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Can't think of anything I gave purposely done 100 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you consider the number of times I've sat at a poker table, or especially the number of sporting events that I've seen, 100 is a REALLY SMALL number Carmel... ;)

    ReplyDelete