Monday, June 25, 2012

Pray For The Teachers

Good morning everyone.  I was sitting in my apartment Saturday afternoon, having already taken my short post-work nap, killing the few hours before I went back to sleep, when I for some reason decided to open a twitter account right then...  I think that the twitter account will come in handy when I return to the desert, helping to notify people far and wide that I can be on the wrong side of a sports prediction...  :)  The bad thing about my timing is that my poker blogging friends (most of whom I have never met) are tweeting like a bunch of little baby birds about where they're going to meet up and play, who is going to treat who to dinner with their comps, and I'm NOT in Las Vegas...  #badbeat  Hopefully I put it in a place that you can't miss it, but my twitter handle is @desertcoach if any of you want to follow me.  I already have eleven followers, so you can see that I'm extremely popular...  :P  For any of you that do not already have a twitter account, you should check it out.  Getting an account opens up a whole new world to you, very similar to when you opened your facebook account (assuming that you're on facebook that is)...  :)  Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter...  I was watching this movie preview again last week when it struck me...  We are about to have a whole generation of children who believes that 'Honest Abe' hunted down and killed vampires...  "Johnny, who was Abraham Lincoln?"  Johnny doesn't even have to ponder this...  "Mr. Davis, he was the President who freed the slaves and killed the vampires!"  Outstanding...  Pray for the teachers...  Penn State...  What did you just think when you read the words 'Penn State'?  I think that negative legacy is going to stick with that university for a LONG TIME...  I'm seeing the rumor headlines on Yahoo! where Jerry Sandusky is thinking about appealing his conviction - guilty on 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse...  Mr. Sandusky, just GO AWAY where you belong...  Being a Red Sox fan, I have never been a big fan of Joe Maddon, the head coach of the Tampa Bay Rays.  Now I know why I had that read on him...  He had a pitcher who was tossed from a game last week for illegally using pine tar on his glove, and MADDON'S ISSUE was that the opposing manager had the umpires check the glove.  Never mind that Maddon's pitcher was CHEATING - that didn't phase Maddon...  It was reported that Maddon even went so far as to have the glove of the opposing team's pitcher checked later in the game (just for the sake of gamesmanship - his glove was legal).  Joe Maddon, one class act...  Brace yourselves - as the summer goes on, the next annoying issue with the NFL is going to be the chatter about this multi-BILLION dollar monster being unable to reach an agreement with its officials...  Yes, my fantasy baseball team is still sitting in 10th place in its 10-team league...  At this point I'm really thrilled that I dedicated a whole blog post to my fantasy baseball draft strategy...  :)  Just over one month until I move back to the desert.  In totally unrelated news, I have A LOT TO DO in the next month...  If any of you happen to be reading my blog for the first time today, this is my 'Monday ramble' - I do actually make use of paragraphs on Wednesdays and Fridays...  Sad day yesterday, as the Red Sox traded away Kevin Youkilis...  Have a great day and I will see you again on Wednesday with my 125th post at 'Bikini Hill'...  ;)
                  

5 comments:

  1. Good day for White Sox fans like me ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Yuke trade was a win/win -- good for both teams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guys, kick me while I'm down... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed senior - I'm thinking about making some tweets about poker tonight in your honor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have absolutely no doubt... #punks

    ReplyDelete