Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What A Difference...

Good evening everyone.  I'm relaxing on a couch right now at the home of my friends in central Texas, taking a moment to reflect back on the past few weeks.  I'm still fresh off an hour and a half nap that was taken with the intent of watching the remainder of the Giants/Royals Game 6 upon my beauty sleep's conclusion.  Yeah, yeah, there's not enough sleep in the universe to make me beautiful...  A week ago today (meaning Wednesday, which will come in about an hour) I was embarking on a journey from Reno to Austin.  Exactly a week before that I was being inconvenienced unfathomably (and with no hint of caring or concern) by Enterprise as I attempted to pick up my rental vehicle for my trip from Las Vegas to Reno.  On the Wednesday (and probably 2 or 3) before that, I was weighing options in my head.  What a difference a week (even a month) makes.  I'm back in Austin and I couldn't be more content (well, I could always be more content to some extent, and there are some topics on which I've yet to vent, but you get the idea)...  I have been very fortunate to have more than my share of very interesting life experiences, and this most recent stay in Nevada is another one that I'll be able to reflect on and learn from.  When I get firmly resettled here in Austin and find some more time, that visit promises to be the focus of several more blog entries here, and will surely have an influence on the rest of my life, as I imagine that most of my experiences and relationships do.

It's getting pretty late and I have to get some more rest for work tomorrow, but I just wanted to check in with y'all.  Have a good one and I'll see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment