Monday, January 19, 2015

Do You Have Pet Rabbits?

Good evening everyone.  It's 10:07 p.m. as I start typing this, so the good evening/morning call is a tough one (with the east coast being an hour ahead of me).  You'd be surprised at how long it takes me to type some of these entries out, and I promised you a long entry this weekend.  The fact that I'm STARTING my typing at 10:07 P.M. on MONDAY NIGHT should come as no surprise to anyone...  :)

Okay, so what's going on???  I've been in my new apartment for about ten days now, and I'm nowhere near where I'd like to be as far as unpacking and sorting my things out.  However, it still feels good to be getting settled into a space that's mine.  At the weekly/monthly that I lived in for 2 1/2 months in Las Vegas, I knew I wouldn't be staying in that unit long term, so it's been since the end of July that I've actually lived somewhere that I had a lease on the place.

I've decided that in the short term at least, I'm going to commit to giving you two blog entries a week, and that in doing so I'll put some effort into them (i.e., they'll be longer than the weekly football predictions posts that I easily whip out & i.e., I'll be stealing a lot of quotes and photos and stories from my friends again)...  ;)
You'll be seeing a lot of that in tonight's post, as I attempt to slowly but surely catch you up on what's been going on in my life (and in the lives of my family and friends).

Let's begin with my move.  I took off from work a week ago Friday to move into my new apartment.  This involved getting the key to my place, picking up a rental vehicle, picking up my stuff from my friend's place, dropping it off at my new place, going to Walmart to put a serious hurting on my credit card (photo in your near future), getting back here in time to get my cable and internet set up (I always try to get this done on the day that I move in), and it happened to be about 38 degrees and drizzling during most of this process, so I also stayed home from work sick last Monday...

Do I have pet rabbits?  Obviously, moving into a new place, I had ZERO food a week ago Friday, so I went shopping.  My first cart carried two bookshelves and a computer chair that I assembled last Saturday, in time for use during that day's NFL playoff games.  If you're confused, my computer monitor sits on one bookshelf, while my t.v. sits on another (it's a very high-tech and complicated setup here at Casa Coach...  Then I went back into Walmart for food...


I posted this gem on facebook on got SEVERAL responses.  My favorite came from my friend Yvonne, who posed the question, "Do you have pet rabbits?"  :)  I had numerous mentions of the six heads of lettuce that I picked up on this trip.  By the way, I bought another half-dozen heads of lettuce when I returned to Walmart today.  I forgot to mention that I did shop and do my laundry today, totally acceptable excuses as to why I'm posting so late...  Anyway, I like to make salads and I also use lettuce on sandwiches, so there you go...

Speaking of my friends, I am so grateful to my friends Brandi and Chad for giving me a place to stay over the past few months while I looked for and then waited for my apartment to become available, and to my friend James for housing my belongings during this time.  I'm not rich by any means (if you measure by money that is - I have some AWESOME family and friends), but the things that I own are enough to consistently FILL any intermediate SUV that Avis rents to me...  :)  Do you feel a segue to another photo coming???  Among the many awesome pets that my friends own, this is a picture of their dog, Jackie Robinson...

  
My friends' boys play baseball, and Chad posted this shot to show Jackie EATING the home plate that the kids have (had) in their backyard.  My favorite thing about this photo is Jackie looking at the camera with that "WHAT?" expression on his face...  :D

Speaking of family and moving and photos, my brother's family is in the process of moving out to Las Vegas - yes, the blog DRIPS with irony...  My brother is currently driving their belongings out to the desert while the rest of his family flew out ahead of him (he lost the coin flip evidently)...  Today was actually an amazing day to be doing this for one falling in January, and this is his cargo...


Kinda reminds you of the picture of my grocery cart, eh???  My brother's family was also very kind in putting me up during the holidays while I was waiting for my new place here, and I wish them the very best of luck in Las Vegas.  I'm still aiming for a return visit to the desert by next December if I can play my cards right (ugghh, I'm horrible with words, huh?)...  ;)

Speaking of gambling (sort of), Joey and I went 4-0 on our football picks this weekend.  We agreed on every bet, and every bet was a winner.  Our friend Grrouchie also had the Packers with the points and the Patriots.  :)  I really had been doing well with my playoff picks over the past couple of seasons, and I was surprised that it took me so long to get on track this postseason.  Of course, I also knew that posting Brittany's naughty/nice photo repeatedly would eventually pay off...


That's Brittany on the right.  We'll give the naughty/nice photo a rest until Super Bowl Weekend, plus our Spurs can use a little good karma about now anyway...  ;)  I have also figured out my Bovada account again, and I'll have some amusing betting stories for you as we progress with later entries...

Like I said, I will be stealing again (OFTEN) from my friends, and these are some photos that I've come across recently on my facebook wall...


Jennifer has been getting back in shape over the past few months, and this prompted her to post MANY pictures during the month of January that had her doing all sorts of handstands (and one-arm push up poses, etc...).  I'm talking like sixteen days worth, and I chose this specific set because it includes her amazing taste in socks and her big hair (Jenn authored several statuses with the hashtag #bighairproblems not so long ago)...  :)


This is Jessica, who has also found the way to my blog pages several times.  If it's not obvious, Jess LOVES sriracha (I can even spell the word now, I've seen it in print so many times in Jessica's statuses).  We're trying to secure the position of Official Sriracha Spokesmodel for Jess, so if you know anyone...


And here we have Leanne, who has also made many appearances in my little blog.  While we're usually focused on the awesome progress that she has made working out, or sharing some of the quotes she has hunted down with her partner in crime Francesca, I just like her disbelief in this shot that she has run out of dipping sauce for her wings.  I particularly enjoy how her eyebrows are raised at this tragedy, and just looking at this again closely right now, doesn't the eyebrow on the right side in this photo resemble the Nike Swoosh???  Is Nike sponsoring your left eyebrow now Leanne?  :D

Moving on, if any of you have a problem with me posting twice a week, or with my football picks, or with anything related to this blog, then this photo is for you...

Anyway, that's all for now, but I'll see you a few more times before Joey and I return to give you our predictions for the Super Bowl.  Have an outstanding week in the meantime!


No comments:

Post a Comment