Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Could You? (17)/NHL 2nd Rd.

"Revenge is never as satisfying as you'd hope, and the cops always come sooner than you expect..." -@Tresca69- (via twitter)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader..." -John Quincy Adams- (via @AffirmYourLife - twitter)

"I forgot how much I liked The Presidents of the United States of America.  And now I want peaches..." -@RageMichelle- (via twitter)

"Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have.  How can anyone see how great you are if you can't see it yourself?" -@justincaron- (via twitter)

"I will carry 17 grocery bags or die trying before making 2 trips..."
 -@iQuoteComedy- (via twitter)




Could you steal straight from facebook to start your very late post Coach?  Yes, I could, and thank you for your concern about my cold...  Pffttt...  This came this morning from a friend of mine who used to work for me as an umpire when I was the supervisor for the San Marcos City Softball Leagues:  "One of my students got me a gift card to a liquor store..."  Kevin is now a teacher, and he posted a photo of the $25.00 gift card that his student gave him...  This is one gift that I never received while I was teaching and coaching...  :)

Could you steal another status straight from facebook since you're a crook anyway Coach?  Sure thing...  This comes from my friend Leanne, who I wrote about here a while back (she is training to be the ACTUAL Wonder Woman)...  :)  "Nothing like sweat and egg whites in the morning..."  I apologize if you're eating right now...  :P

Could you NOT act like this is the Heavyweight Championship of the World?  Before I went to pay my Time Warner bill this morning, I saw my neighbor's cat Freia again.  I wrote about Freia here some time ago (I titled the entry 'Freia').  I have actually seen Freia a lot over the past couple of days.  Anyway, I gave her some attention, and then went to pay my bill.  When I returned about a half-hour later, Freia had moved about twenty yards.  She was now resting near the other side of my building, where there is some grass and a wall.  I sat on the wall and pet her some more.  Then for the first time ever, I pulled up about a six inch root to see if she wanted to play.  I teased Freia with the root, about two inches from her face.  What I didn't know was that she was going to use her FULL eight inch reach, and Freia popped the back of my hand with her jab, and FREIA HAS CLAWS...  This is just an exhibition match cat!  She only "grazed me," and I learned that Freia does indeed like to play...  :)  The tiny scar is only about 3/4 of an inch, thanks for asking.  This reminds me of the time that I was a senior in high school, and hours before I was supposed to induct my friend Sylvie into the National Honor Society, I held my cat up close to my face...  CLAW, right down the middle of my nose.  My friend Pam put pancake makeup on it to cover the scar for the induction ceremony...  Oh, the good old days...  :O  And yes, I was REALLY in the National Honor Society - haters...

Could you just go ahead of me please?  When I was out paying another bill later this afternoon, this truck makes a right turn onto the access road which I'm already driving on.  Well, HALF the truck is on the access road, and the other half is up on the curb, for about twenty yards...  Next I see the driver signaling that they want to cut in front of me into my lane.  I immediately slow down and wave them in.  "GO AHEAD..."  Seeing the stunt driving display was all I needed to give them ALL THE ROOM that they wanted...


Could you PLEASE give us your predictions for the second round of the NHL playoffs?!  The first game faces off in less than TWO HOURS!  Below are my predictions and the actual results of the first round series.  I went 6-2 in the first round (like I did in the NBA playoffs), and I predicted 2 of the series correctly in the exact number of games (like I didn't do in the NBA playoffs)...


My Prediction/Actual Result

Penguins over the Islanders in 5 games/Penguins in 6 games
Canadiens over the Senators in 7 games/Senators in 5 games
Rangers over the Capitals in 6 games/Rangers in 7 games
Bruins over the Maple Leafs in 5 games/Bruins in 7 games

Blackhawks over the Wild in 5 games/Blackhawks in 5 games
Ducks over the Red Wings in 7 games/Red Wings in 7 games
Sharks over the Canucks in 6 games/Sharks in 4 games
Kings over the Blues in 6 games/Kings in 6 games



Since I'm a Montreal fan, that is the series that I would miss by the most.  In my other loss, I just had the wrong team winning game seven, so I don't feel too bad about that.  Here are my predictions for the second round of this year's playoffs:


Penguins over the Senators in 5 games
Rangers over the Bruins in 6 games

Blackhawks over the Red Wings in 5 games
Kings over the Sharks in 7 games



I hope that all of you are enjoying your NBA and NHL playoffs.  I could go for a Spurs win and a triple-overtime NHL game tonight, but that's just me.  Have a great night and I'll see you again on Thursday!








  





8 comments:

  1. At first I thought you tagged me in this post to tick me off because I'm a Bruins fan, but then I actually read your entire post. It's funny the things we remember. I don't remember your cat-scratched face. Pam must have done a good job with the makeup! Haha...PS: the Gators won the SEC Softball title (in case you didn't know)! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wouldn't tag you to tick you off... :) I thought your comment was spam at first due to your "name..." I think that Bruins/Rangers series will be really competitive. New York won 2 of the 3 meetings this year (both in overtime). What an exciting game last night! I guess she still likes being a Gator then... ;) Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. I hope that all of you are enjoying your NBA

    There's this team called the GRizzlies that I'm following. They are doing, um, not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My problem with following the NBA and getting any type of enjoyment out of it is that I don't have a team.
    WTF Pittsburgh?

    Years ago I followed Rodman from when he was with the Pistons. I rooted for him then and I continued as he changed teams. I rooted for him, not particularly for the teams.
    I watched him as he bloomed into the best rebounder in NBA History and enjoyed watching him play.
    Since he retired there hasn't been anything in Basketball to keep me entertained.

    I tried to get into LeBron James since my (then) roomie was a huge fan and followed him from High School (in Erie we were close enough that they would broadcast his high school games).
    It was nice that he came out and lived up to the hype, but I just couldn't get behind it.

    So, I'm left without a team and without even a player that I really want to root for.
    But, at least it's Hockey Playoff season - Go PENGwins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't believe this..., AHEM..., but with getting sick, and the sleep schedule getting flipped, I stayed up most of the day yesterday, and then slept from about midway through the first quarter of the Spurs game until 1:00 a.m. and missed PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING I had looked forward to watching all day... #winning

      Delete
  4. Good Luck on that Rangers call, you need to win 4 in a row now!

    Go B's!!!!! PW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're one of THOSE PEOPLE, huh? WHY are you wishing me 'good luck'? You know you don't want me to be right...

      It's like the guy said during the telecast - you're not in trouble in a series until you lose a home game... ;)

      Delete