Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Victory

"And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds, these words are all I have so I'll write them, so you need them just to get by..." -Fall Out Boy- (Dance, Dance)

"I named my dog '5 miles' so I can tell people I walk 5 miles every day..."
-via Randy Haverda- (facebook)

"So I speak to you in riddles, 'cause my words get in my way..." -Staind- (Epiphany)

"Welfare was never intended to be a career opportunity..." -via Barbara Angel- (facebook)

"Now that I know what I'm without, you can't just leave me, breathe... into me and make me real, bring... me... to life..." -Evanescence- (Bring Me To Life)



Good afternoon everyone.  You are going to be SO PROUD of me...  :)  While I was working at my bar job (at Harper's/Slackers/The Veranda), my "normal" sleep schedule would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., and then 3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.  There is a great quote from Tom Cruise's character (Brian Flanagan) in the 1988 movie 'Cocktail' that pretty much sums up working in a bar:  "Days get shorter and shorter, nights longer and longer..., before you know it, your life is just one long night with a few comatose daylight hours..."  Incidentally, I tagged a lot of my facebook bar friends to this post just so they could see that quote (in case you were wondering guys)...  :)  Well, thanks in large part to a "nice little walk" that I took yesterday, last night I slept from 11:00 p.m.-5:00 a.m., and then again from 8:00 a.m-10:30 a.m.  I'm almost sleeping like a normal person - Victory!!!  :)  And it's only taken me two and a half weeks to accomplish this feat..., this total flipping of my sleep schedule...

So Coach, tell us about your nice little walk, and how it helped you to sleep through the night...  Although I have been successful in losing weight, due to the situps I've posted about, my vastly improved diet (which includes no cokes or energy drinks during the past couple of weeks), and the walking that I've been doing at night, I decided that my progress wasn't coming fast enough.  Well, we've had a recent spike in our temperature here in San Marcos, America, so I thought that I might try walking during the day.  Yesterday the forecast high was 99 degrees, and carrying a gallon Igloo jug of ice water with me, I went out from 3:20 p.m.-5:20 p.m.  It was sunny, it was HOT, and it was beneficial...  :)  For those of you familiar with San Marcos, I walked down from the top of North LBJ to Sessom Drive, went to Bikini Hill and walked about 4 laps around Sewell Park, stopped for about 5 minutes to say hi to my friend Lauren at Superfly Music (Lauren of 'The 5th Annual Lone Star Music Awards' Lauren, my most read post EVER), walked over to and around the Square once, and then returned to Sewell Park via University Drive.  Once I was back at Sewell, I walked about another 7 laps around the park and Bikini Hill, walked back up Sessom to Bobcat Nation, where I chatted with my friends George and Andrea for about 5 minutes, before hiking back up North LBJ to my apartment, where I promptly collapsed and died...  Okay, I might not be dead just yet...  ;)  I'll tell you though, if you don't have the money to join a gym, just try doing what I laid out for you above - GUARANTEED to make you sweat!  I intend to do the same today, but I'm going to try to extend the length of time that I'm out because I simply had too much ice water left in my jug when I got back home...  ;)

WOW..., in breaking news, it seems that Aaron Hernandez, formerly of the New England Patriots (he was released today) has been charged with murder...  That's all that I know at this point...

Back to yesterday, that walk officially put me on the low side of 230 pounds.  I can't remember if I put this in the blog or not, but the day of reckoning for me came on May 18th, when I got on the scale and weighed-in at 240 pounds.  When I saw that number, I basically said, "this stops NOW!.."  So that's 10 pounds in 5 weeks, and I'm not even close to being done.  Like I said earlier in the week, I'll let you know when it gets down to 225...

Speaking of North LBJ Drive, another reason that I'm looking forward to getting back up to Austin is that when I go walking in my neighborhood, this is NO FREAKIN MONUMENTAL HILL to navigate...  :)  Anytime that I'm on the Square and I tell someone where I've walked, I'm SURE that it seems longer than it actually is because they're picturing that MOUNTAIN OF A STREET that is North LBJ (for those of you who aren't familiar with San Marcos, America)...

I'm going to stop it here for today so that I can get prepared for my walk, but don't fret - it's almost the end of June and I'll be up in Austin soon, so you'll be reading stories of football and Sixth Street in the very near future.  I want to take this opportunity to thank you for stopping by - 40,000 views for my little blog is in sight now, and that is pretty humbling...  Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!


    

    










2 comments:

  1. So many athletes/celebrities have the world by the ass, like Hernandez, and give it all away. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much yet, but they obviously felt that they have enough to charge him Mojo - incredible indeed...

    ReplyDelete