Monday, October 21, 2013

Bleh...

"It's not about how hard you can hit.  It's about how hard you can get hit.  And keep moving forward..." -Rocky Balboa-

"I've never been in love..., but I imagine it's similar to the feeling you get when you see your waiter arriving with your food..." -@extragrumpycat- (via @Uhh_lee_suhh/Twitter)

"The funerals end today..." -We Are Marshall-



Good afternoon everyone.  For the second time in eleven days I missed work because I'm feeling "bleh..."  I spent most of the weekend at home trying to organize things here, but still having not fully recovered from whatever malaise I've been plagued with recently, "bleh" pretty much sums it up (and I just sneezed twice for good measure)...  Being the trooper that I am though, I thought that I would give you a little entry...

We had a mixed bag of football this weekend.  In the real world, football was great as both the Bobcats and the Steelers won.  In the fantasy world, my team didn't even score sixty points and predictably lost.  My '10 Best Bets' are sitting at 5-4 for the week right now, and I've got the Giants beating the Vikings by more than 3 points tonight to avoid another 5-5 week...

I did watch some baseball on Saturday night, and I did see Shane Victorino's slam propel the Red Sox to the World Series to face Mojo's Cardinals (first game Wednesday night).  I visited Mojo's blog today (link on the right), and now I'm curious to know if Bovada is actually getting money out to people that win playing poker on their site...  Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Absolute Poker were shut down in May about 2 1/2 years ago, but Bovada is up and running (maybe because Bovada is a smaller fish, or maybe Mojo is playing intrastate???).  I need an answer on this Mojo...  :)  And Mojo placed in some tournies again, and water is still wet...  ;)

One arena where I was very proud of myself this weekend (and this is just silliness) was during my grocery run.  I recently received a $50.00 rebate debit card from the purchase of my new Droid, so I took it to H-E-B.  I made a list of items, and I was trying to keep my bill under $50.00 so that I wouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket (a "free trip" to the grocery store if you will)...  When I checked out, the final total was $49.36.  All of those years watching 'The Price Is Right' when I was younger must have finally paid off... ;)

On the same trip to H-E-B, I noticed that the 'Whatafries' that I mentioned here a while back ($1.00 a bag at the time) were now being advertised at 2 bags for $5.00.  First, I knew that the $1.00 a bag promotional price was too good to be true, and second, I haven't even finished the bag that I purchased, probably because the charm of finding a "chip" that tastes like a cold french fry has worn off, and then all you're left with is a bag of cold hard fries.  :P

I hope that your week is starting off better and healthier than mine, and I look forward to seeing you again on Wednesday...



      



2 comments:

  1. You can play on Bovada if you live in most states. (I think there are 4 or 5 states that don't allow you, Maryland is one.) They pay fairly fast (8 to 10 days) and their checks always cash. Lots of tournaments and plenty of fi$h.

    ReplyDelete