Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Making Lists

Good evening everyone.  It's going to be Thursday already (at least) by the time that most of you read this, but I'm starting to type at 10:15 p.m. and I know that I'll finish well before midnight, so good evening...  Now that we've wasted the time to cover that, let's move on...  I'm currently watching the last five minutes of the Duke/Wisconsin basketball game, having watched the first half of 'The Lost Boys' up to that point.  Duke is up 5 with just over 5 minutes left, if you're wondering.  I'll let you know who won when it's over.

Since I signed the lease on my new apartment, I've been making a lot of lists.  I think that we've covered the topic of my penchant for making to-do lists more than once here.  I'll end up utilizing several memo pads at any one time (and a dry erase board when I'm in a place of my own) to write down all of the things that I need to get done.  As you can imagine, the multiple lists are longer than normal due to the fact that I'm still transitioning between staying with my friends and my brother's family (and I can't thank any of this group enough) while I wait to get the keys to my new apartment.  In addition to moving into my new apartment, I'm also going to have to find a way to pay for it.  Well, paying for it isn't the thing so much as making enough money so that I have the ability to save money.  The $280.00 spike in rent from my previous lease to my upcoming one that I discussed in my last post is going to require Coach to find an additional source of income.  Whether it's finding a second job or a better paying job (or both), I'm going to have to make some more money.  From my viewpoint, the good news is that Austin must have A TON of jobs, because there has to be a reason that so many people are moving to the ATX, resulting in the increased demand and short supply of housing that I've discussed here recently.  So, I've been making lists...

Some of the lists that I've been starting are for this blog, as I still have several stories to tell from this summer.  As I may have mentioned here already, and I've definitely pointed out to several friends and members of my family, don't feel bad for me because I'm back in Austin.  If you ever hear me whine or complain about the current situation that I'm in, this holding pattern of waiting for my apartment to open up, etc..., or ESPECIALLY if you hear me complain about work, just remind me about the almost three-month poker and sports betting vacation that I took from August until the last week of October, where I wasn't required to report to work for even one day, not even one minute...  :D  Yeah, so don't cry for me Argentina...

In the sports world, my Texas State Bobcats are once again bowl eligible.  Last season we finished bowl eligible with a 6-6 record, but we played poorly down the stretch and did not receive a bowl bid.  We finished this season with a 7-5 record, but all of the automatic bids for the Sun Belt Conference have evidently been awarded, and the word is that we did not receive one.  (Duke just beat Wisconsin 80-70, and yes, it takes me this long to type my blog entries - oh, and now I'm watching 'The Lost Boys' again)...  Back to my alma mater, now we must depend on receiving an 'At Large' bid to a bowl game.  The word is that we've been talking to the Armed Forces and Cactus Bowls.  Due to the fact that we don't have an invite yet, Bobcat Nation will be rooting against Oklahoma State and Temple this weekend, as these teams each have five wins and could reportedly snatch away a bowl berth from us if they reach the qualifying sixth victory.  Oklahoma State faces Oklahoma while Temple plays Tulane.  Stay tuned...

Once I have a residence of my own again, you should see the volume of entries increase here, and especially the part where I steal material from my friends (don't let me down Leanne and Francesca) and other sources.  The fact that my drivel has been viewed more than 80,000 times completely dumbfounds me, but if I can do all of this typing for you without profiting even a single penny from it, well, how can I beat that???  :)

Let's see, what else, what else???  I'm not sure if Joey and I are going to predict all of the bowl games for you this year, or maybe just our favorites, or maybe just have the opportunity to call them in our weekly 'Lucky Seven' segment.  I know that you're on the edge of your seats awaiting this decision, so we've both had such stellar records in the blog this season.  AHEM...

Okay, well it's almost 11:00 p.m. now, and some people wake up really early for work.  However, I can recall SEVERAL nights this summer when I went to bed in Las Vegas AFTER I'm currently waking up for work, so I'll wipe this tear away now...  Have a great day and Joey and I will see you soon with our picks for this weekend...




    

No comments:

Post a Comment