Monday, October 1, 2012

The Early Bird

Good morning everyone.  Today you get a little bit of insight into just how "crazy" I can be, but you have to remember that this is coming to you from the guy who thought NOTHING of driving 20 hours straight to Las Vegas and 20 hours straight back to San Marcos in the span of one month...  I am in desperate need of a new driver's license.  My address has changed, which technically requires me to get a new license by law, but the photo on my current license is just HORRIBLE.  I am sure that I must have addressed this in a previous post (again, this is a very exciting blog)...  So I wake up this morning at about 4:00 a.m. (as a result of my disjointed sleep schedule and an off-day yesterday).  I decide that I will eat breakfast, shower, and then go "camp out" at the San Marcos office of the State of Texas Department of Public Safety until they open at 8:00 a.m.  I might as well be first in line if I get there early I figure...  So I arrive at 5:15 a.m., and I've got my phone, a notebook, and my 3 trusty poker chips, so I'm good to go.  Forward to about 6:15 a.m. when I am really in need of a restroom...  Yeah, so I'm going back to tomorrow, with the knowledge that I can arrive at 6:15 a.m. and still be first in line.  A car was pulling into the parking lot as I drove away at 6:15 - can you BELIEVE that someone would arrive at 6:15... IN THE MORNING?!  Crazy...  In football this weekend I went a dreadful 3-6-1 on my picks here.  Yes, ANOTHER TIE on top of the humiliation of picking only 3 bets right out of 10...  Don't be surprised if I'm posting recipes or some other nonsense here when you come back and visit this Friday...  The good news in my football world is that the Steelers didn't lose yesterday - we didn't play, but we still didn't lose...  The local alma mater had a very respectable showing against the University of Nevada, suffering only a 13-point loss to a talented Wolfpack squad.  Due to the 1:00 p.m. kickoff I would have been able to attend the game, and I was able to find a ticket at the last minute, but a forecast of rain (which did come through) prevented me from going because I knew that I was going to be working until about 4:00 a.m. and I didn't want to get thoroughly soaked beforehand.  I am in the midst of a very long weekend (almost) as I left work at 4:00 a.m. on Sunday, and with the exception of the 6 hours I will be working tonight, I don't work again until 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday.  Last night two of my friends wandered through Harper's Hall early in the Giants/Eagles game that I really didn't have that much of an interest in watching, and I had the opportunity to show these two beautiful young ladies the Veranda (our new rooftop addition - I should get my blog sponsored...  #shamelessplug), and then we went and dined on chicken wings and beer (and a salad, but not for me) on the other side of the Square.  Thank you for a great time Alyssa and Bailey!  :)  As I ramble on, I'm reminded of how deprived most of you are to not be a part of my facebook network, so I have to share the content of one of the more interesting photos that I saw this week.  A woman is holding a sign protesting (it looks like she's in Austin, Texas), and the sign reads, "Make English America's Offical Language" - the BEST PART is that "Offical" is the only word underlined on the whole sign...  :)  I hope that all of you have a great day and I'll see you again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment