Sunday, January 12, 2014

Still Counting

"Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes, like they have any right at all to criticize..."  -Anna Nalick- (Breathe)

"People are literally waiting parked just to park in the H-E-B.  #CollegeTownProblems"
-@angela_s1917- (via Twitter)

"Say, say, say, what you want, but don't play games with my affection..."
-Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney- (Say Say Say)



Good evening everyone.  The countdown to Vegas is now at 200 days (for about 3 more hours).  I desperately need to come up with a plan to save some more money, or a way to make some more money, or to sell something, or, or...  :)  Here's what it looks like, in case you forgot...



There is NO WAY that this topic gets old, right???  :P  While I watched the playoff games today, I actually began sorting through some of my stuff, trying to decide how much more I want to downsize before I move.  If you recall, EVEN AFTER I stopped working about a FULL MONTH before I moved to the desert the last time, it still took me that whole month to sort through my possessions, and I never took the time to look for a place to live, or look for a job, etc...  Well, this time I'm going to get a head start on those things.  The thought occurred to me recently, that when you watch the James Bond movies, he travels light...  007 isn't dragging tons of stuff all over the world, and he manages...  :P

Anyway (since you asked), let's talk about that second quote up above.  Angela is referencing San Marcos, America with those words, and incidentally, classes for the spring semester begin at both Texas State University and at the University of Texas at Austin tomorrow.  I retweeted Angela's tweet, and I also shared it as a facebook status.  One of the comments to the status came from my friend Jennifer, who remarked that her five year-old niece Leah (upon having seen that same parking lot) said, "Why are all these people playing in the H-E-B parking lot?  They just need to get their groceries and GO!"  From the mouths of babes...  :)

And speaking of stealing..., umm..., SHARING from facebook, one of my friends (I cannot recall which one) shared this photo yesterday...



This turtle is actually being tickled with a toothbrush.  My brilliant take was that it's obviously not a ninja turtle...  Yeah yeah, I'll be here all week...  ;)  And speaking of stealing (again), this a photo of my friends Miletus and Gray...



Miletus is one of the original followers of this blog, and NO, this is not her reaction to reading my wonderful words of wisdom...  Miletus and Gray were married today.  Isn't this how every bride (and groom) should feel on their wedding day?  :D  Congratulations to both of you!

I hope that all of you enjoyed your weekend as much as Miletus and Gray did, and I'll be seeing you again later in the week.








No comments:

Post a Comment