Monday, June 2, 2014

70,000 Pageviews

"Now I know I'm one of many who would like to be your friend, and I've got to find a way to let you know I'm not like them..." -The Smithereens- (Behind The Wall Of Sleep)

"Rob caught me mashing 'The Hangover' slot machine the other day...  #humiliating"
-Pete P. Peters-



Good morning everyone.  By the time that I hit the 'publish' button here, it will be Monday morning in the good ole 512.  SOMEONE was supposed to give you a blog entry yesterday, but SOMEONE was too busy doing other things.  That's pretty ironic considering that in this post I am thanking you for helping my blog to reach 70,000 pageviews.  If this entry doesn't push the count to 70,000, it will be right on the doorstep the next time that I write.  Speaking of that, I am going to step away from scheduling my blog posts for the foreseeable future ("Wow Coach, that's a great idea since you never post when you're supposed to").  Such a critical crowd...  The good news for you is that I plan on doing smaller posts for the time being.  The bad news for you is that you will be seeing more entries (there's always a catch, isn't there?).  Let's get started since I did procrastinate and I have to work tomorrow.  Jessica will lead things off for us...

      

As 1 of my 2 loyal viewers, you've surely noticed that I steal a lot from my friends for this little blog. A lot of that material comes from what they post on facebook, and as I was peeking back tonight to see the things that I had borrowed from them during the week (yes, not only do I share what I steal from them here, but I also "make them famous" on facebook (that seems much less selfish however)...  ;)  Anyway, when I went back to get Pete's humiliation quote from above (playing ANY slot machine, let alone 'The Hangover' - c'mon Pete), I noticed this photo.  Now my friend Grrouchie is a big comic book guy, so when I saw this picture, I was sure that he shared or commented on it. When I read above the snapshot to confirm that, I saw that my friend Jessica had commented on it, and SURE ENOUGH, I KNEW THE GIRL in the picture...  :)  If you remember the movie 'Ghostbusters' (and if you haven't seen it, C'MON), this is what I imagine Jessica's character in the movie would look like after she becomes possessed (show us how it's done Sigourney)...



All I'm saying is that there's a resemblance...  :)  So, if you don't have any plans for October 18th... ;)  Awesome photo Jessica!  :D  Speaking of awesome photos (and of Grrouchie), my fellow Steelers fan shared this photo on facebook last week...



'Interesting and informative' is what I like to call this little picture.  I like (love) the fact that the Steelers have the most trophies, but I really do appreciate the ease of using this snapshot as a reference tool.  Another awesome picture from a friend of mine, leading into another sports segue? Okay.  This amazing shot is from my friend Jennifer...



WOW...  Jennifer was visiting the Willis Tower in Chicago when she posed for this incredible photo.  What do the cool kids say?  "Thanks, but no thanks..."  :)  Jennifer told me that at some point after this picture was taken, she had read where the glass floor in this photo CRACKED while people were ON IT...  Thanks, but no thanks...  And speaking of Chicago and glass floors cracking, unfortunately for several of my friends, including my fellow blogger Lightning, the Blackhawks came back down to earth last night when they fell to the Kings in overtime, ending their quest to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions.  What I feel for Lightning isn't sympathy however, but empathy, as my Montreal Canadiens were also eliminated from Stanley Cup contention recently...



I have to say that I have the utmost respect for the Habs and goalie Dustin Tokarski (pictured above) however.  Despite the fact that the Rangers injured Carey Price and knocked him out of the playoffs, the 24 year-old Tokarski did a commendable job after being thrown into the fire.  On a brighter note, and speaking of somebody else that I have the utmost respect for...



The Spurs defeated the Thunder on Saturday and will be returning to the NBA Finals.  What I enjoyed as much as anything about the victory was listening to Tim Duncan speak with a reporter after the game.  When asked about the disappointment of losing to the Heat last year, Duncan basically replied, "we'll get it done this time..."  The amazing part about Duncan saying this (aside from the fact that he NEVER says anything like this) is that his statement was completely confident and nonchalant - he truly believes that the Spurs will beat Miami.  I'm more than a little ready for the NBA Finals...  ;)

Okay, who else have I stolen from before that I can steal from again???  Well, there's Gabby...



I saw this beautiful photo on my wall this week.  Thank you very much Miss Contreras...  ;)  Oh, and then there's Brittany...



"Finished my first official year as a kindergarten teacher.  I could not be more proud of the success my students and I had this year.  They were an amazing group of kids and will always hold a special place in my heart.  I am going to miss them like crazy but I am definitely excited to see what next year brings!  #kinderrocks #firstyearcomplete #assembly #myprincess #lastdayofschool"  

And this brings us full circle, back to my saying thank you.  I'm blessed to know a lot of amazing people, and I've already chatted with Brittany about referencing her again in the future (yeah Brittany, in the future, because I procrastinated and played some more poker today)...


Yeah, another $2.20 sit-n-go, and the reason that I'm about to hit 'publish' at 1:00 in the morning... :P  Back to my gratitude, it is incredible that I have so many friends who let me share pieces of their lives, and so many of you who stop by to see what's happening here on a regular basis.  I'm looking forward to pushing on with you through 70,000..., 100,000..., 250,000..., 1,000,000 pageviews..., who knows?  :)  Thanks again and I'll see y'all very soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment