Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Little Piece Of Paradise

"Ringling Bros. and Barnum circus just rolled thru Ganado!  Even though it was just a train passing thru, for 2 mins. my heart raced like a child..." -Brittney Carney-

"You know you had a great ab workout when you're about to sneeze and you feel like you're about to die from it..." -Leanne Calderon-

"Life only comes around once, so do whatever makes you happy, and be with whoever makes you smile..." -via Francesca Welsh-

"I'd rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down..." -via Robin Somerville-



Good evening my friends.  Don't expect too many of these Saturday night posts once August gets here...  :)  I'm feeling a little sick this weekend, and I've got the Bovada poker up and running (I've won 2 hands in my current 3-table sit-n-go with the evil hand -Q 10-, and yes, I'm playing WHILE doing my blog post)...  #cocky  I've spoken often here about Bikini Hill (heck, it's in the title of my blog), and the Texas State Alumni Association posted a nice facebook status with a photo of the San Marcos River (which runs right by Bikini Hill) a few days ago...

  

A little piece of paradise my friends...  And yes, this is ON THE CAMPUS of my alma mater...  :D Bikini Hill is back to the left from where these tubers are enjoying life in San Marcos, America. The ladder over by the guy in the red trunks and the girl standing behind him in the bikini is the spot in the water that I was referring to in last summer's blog entries (where I could linger in the water, in the shade, while helping tubers who drifted over there, and saved lives with fine people like Maureen)...  ;)  Speaking of San Marcos, America (and tying into the blog's temporary championship background, honoring the Spurs), the Mayor of San Marcos shared a fine photo on facebook from Sports Illustrated earlier in the week...



This topic will not get old...  :)  This cover also paid tribute to a pair of fine individuals that we lost this week in the world of sports.  Rest in peace Tony and Coach Noll...  Speaking of the Mayor and all things San Marcos, congratulations to my friend Daniel for overseeing what has been named our nation's fastest-growing city for the second year in a row.  I also read that San Marcos has an unemployment rate of 3.1%.  Congratulations again Daniel!  :)  And back to the topic that won't get old, the NBA on TNT shared a "Throwback Thursday" photo on facebook this week, although they weren't going back very far...



:D  And that's 5 in the last 15 years...  :D  There's not too much that's new in my world outside of this most recent Spurs trophy...  I am still counting down to Las Vegas - I have 5 more weeks of work remaining at the University of Texas at Austin, and I will be back in the desert in less than 6 weeks.  I am still playing around with the sports betting and the poker on Bovada.  I will admit that the World Cup has added a new distraction for me.  I watched the first couple of games in their entirety today, and I completely slept through the last one (the only bet of the trio that I won)...  :) Soccer is infinitely more enjoyable when the players aren't faking injuries for calls, and I'm sure that the underdogs giving the favorites absolute fits has added to the entertainment level of this little soccer tournament that Brazil is currently hosting...  Again, not much has changed for me though, as I'm still counting down the days til the time when I can play live poker and bet on football again...  However, I'm not using the watch in the photo that my friend Kourtney found to aid me in this endeavor...



Nice, huh???  :)  And that's about it for now.  I'd like to say that I'll do something constructive with the rest of my night, but I'll probably be back on Bovada...  ;)  See ya soon...

  



2 comments: