Monday, June 9, 2014

California Mojo

Good evening everyone.  I really hadn't planned on doing a post tonight (which is saying a lot considering that I'm no longer doing any of my entries on a set schedule), but sometimes a story is just that noteworthy.  I mentioned in my most recent post that blogging poker tournament player extraordinaire Memphis Mojo was still alive in the field of the Seniors Event at the World Series of Poker.  Now this was on Saturday when 490 of the original 4,425 entrants were still vying for a spot in the top 470, where they would cash.  Well, I sure wish that I would have been in Las Vegas this weekend (okay, okay, you got me, I wish that I was in Las Vegas every weekend, but just follow along please)...  Saturday progressed and Mojo cashed, and as the day wore on, Mojo climbed and climbed the ladder (as I followed along on Mojo's Twitter account, which was much easier than following along on the official WSOP site, because I couldn't find hardly anyone from the Memphis area who was still alive in the tourney).  Well, as it turns out, Mojo is actually from Walnut Creek, California, AND he made it all the way to Sunday.  Okay, he's actually not from California (unless you ask the good people at the WSOP), and Mojo didn't just "make it" to Sunday, but as the day came and went (and Coach had to go to bed with only five players remaining in the tourney), Mojo punched and jabbed, and punched and jabbed, and finished THIRD (which I found out when I woke up today)!!!  For his $1,000.00 entry fee, 'California Mojo' brought down over $279,000.00!!!  Sorry Mojo, but I pick on all of my quarter-millionaire friends...  ;)  Congratulations to Mojo on another great tournament showing, and for reminding as of us bloggers that dreams can come true with hard work and perseverance...  :)  Below is a shot with our hero when play had dwindled down to the final three (photo courtesy of Memphis Mojo, without his knowledge at this point)...  ;)  Great job MOJO!!!



Have a good one and I'll be back to bother ya soon...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks gor your support and kind words. Sorry I dudnt get here sooner to thank you - it has been a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and no doubt it's been a whirlwind. Lots of fun to follow Mojo... :)

      Delete