Friday, January 11, 2013

Divisional Round 2013

Good morning everyone.  So far I'm doing very well calling this year's NFL playoff games (just like last year).  Last week I went 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 on the overs/unders.  Here are my predictions for last week's Wild Card Round with the actual scores:


My prediction:  Texans  24   Bengals  17              
Actual score:    Texans  19   Bengals  13

My prediction:  Packers  27   Vikings  17
Actual score:    Packers  24   Vikings  10

My prediction:  Ravens  27   Colts  13
Actual score:    Ravens  24   Colts    9

My prediction:  Redskins  27   Seahawks  24
Actual score:    Seahawks  24   Redskins  14


The Texans (-4 1/2), Packers (-7 1/2), and Ravens (-6 1/2) all covered the spread.  I was wrong about the Redskins (+3).  Griffin III was injured in the game, so I don't feel so bad.

Hou/Cin (Under 43 1/2), GB/Minn (Under 46), and Bal/Ind (Under 46 1/2) all made me look good on the unders.  Sea/Wash (Over 45) was the one I missed.  Griffin III was injured in the game, so I don't feel so bad...  :P

Here are this week's games:



Saturday 3:30 CST - Baltimore (10-6) at Denver (13-3)

I need the Ravens to win this game outright to be right on a prediction that I made before the season began.  I predicted that the Broncos would not go any farther in the playoffs with Peyton Manning (past the second round) than they did last year.  An easy schedule gave Denver a first-round bye and home field this week, and Manning hasn't had to play in horrible weather.  The forecast in Denver for Saturday is a high of 19 degrees, but that's with little wind and sunny skies.  The Ravens do have Ray Lewis back, which may change the outcome of the first meeting between these two teams this season, which the Broncos won 34-17 on December 16th.  My pick is...

Broncos  27   Ravens  20   -----   Ravens (+9 1/2), Over (46)



Saturday 7:00 CST - Green Bay (11-5) at San Francisco (11-4-1)

The 49ers won the opening week matchup between these two teams 30-22.  Alex Smith was the quarterback at that time if memory serves me right.  Although I like the 49ers defense, I think that the quarterback position is a key to this game.  Actually, with all four of my predictions here today, I feel that I am taking the team with the better quarterback.  My pick is...

Packers  23   49ers  20   -----   Packers (+3), Under (45)



Sunday 12:00 CST - Seattle (11-5) at Atlanta (13-3)

These two teams did not face each other in the regular season.  The Seahawks have been extremely hot as of late, but they have to go into Atlanta and the dome with a rookie quarterback.  That being said, I think that this is going to be another very good football game.  The weather forecast in the dome, as in San Francisco, is just fine...  My pick is...

Falcons  24   Seahawks  17   -----   Falcons (-2 1/2), Under (46)



Sunday 3:30 CST - Houston (12-4) at New England (12-4)

The Texans get a break in this game in that they won't be freezing - the forecast high is 54 degrees.  That does mean that Brady will be able to throw the ball however.  The Patriots won the earlier meeting between these two teams 42-14 on December 10th.  Arian Foster HAS TO be able to run to keep the ball out of Brady's hands...  My pick is...

Patriots  34   Texans  21   -----   Patriots (-9 1/2), Over (47 1/2)


I hope that you have fun with those predictions and that all of you have an outstanding football weekend.  I'll see you here again on Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment