Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Wrap Up

Good afternoon everyone.  I have a lot for you today, and I plan on posting pretty much every day until I return to work at the end of next week, much to the delight of Miletus, while much to the chagrin of the rest of you undoubtedly...  :)  I personally had a quiet Christmas at home due to the fact that my vehicle isn't starting right now, and most everyone else was in San Antonio.  When I asked my brother if my stepmom made a lot of good food, his predictable answer was, "of course..."  :(  I missed spending the day with y'all, but don't worry my nieces and nephews, you'll be getting something in the mail soon...  ;)  I do hope that you and yours had a very Merry Christmas.  After a day here in the VERY QUIET West Campus area of the ATX with virtually nothing to watch on t.v., I now have bowl games, Scarface, and a Breaking Bad marathon that starts at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow on AMC (coupled with MANY MORE bowl games) to keep me occupied.  :D  Although my family wasn't posting a lot of photos, I haven't come here empty-handed...  On Christmas Eve, my friend and former softball superstar Brandie put this shot up on facebook, which occurred while she was cleaning and her boys happened upon a roll of duct tape...



This photo comes to you from my friend and former superstar trainer Amy, featuring her daughter's priceless expression when the girl literally unwrapped her blanket...



Also, our good friend and favorite Texans fan Alyssa posted this majestic photo of Belle The Cat yesterday...



And now we move on to our good friend Gabby...  You remember Gabby, don't you?



Gabby (far right), one of our favorite Bobcat overachievers, has unfortunately fallen on hard times evidently...


Gabby (far right again) doesn't seem to be experiencing the smoothest holiday season...  :)  The first thing that I want you to note here is the UNCANNY resemblance between cartoon Gabby and the real Gabby - spitting image I tell ya...  ;)  The second thing that you should appreciate here is her sister Yesenia's SINCERE PLEA for Gabby to seek help...  Yesenia and Gabby are probably the two most active "Bitstrippers" among my facebook friends, and this one was good, even for them...  Well done Yesenia!  :D

As I told Alyssa and Joey earlier today, your 'Football Friday' post is actually going to come out on Friday this week, because I will be home during the day.  However, don't let that stop you from visiting the 'Comprehensive Bowl Predictions (2013-2014)' post that I did about a week ago.  It has your matchups for ALL 35 bowl games, and is being updated constantly with final scores from each game as they are completed.  You should note here (especially if you like betting money on these sorts of things) that you need to keep current on what's happening during the bowl season.  For example, Boise State sent their starting quarterback home from Hawaii for allegedly peeing from the balcony of the team's hotel.  Now I'm treating my blog predictions as if I had made bets on every single game as of the time of that particular post, so I didn't adjust anything due to the quarterback being sent home.  However, if you are betting these bowls, you need to keep up with what's happening during the "downtime" for each time.

Now I want to encourage those of you who have a facebook account to go and 'like' a new page that my friend and former softball superstar Leanne has started with her friend Francesca.  The page is called 'Training Truths:  The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.'  Their "page is designed to talk about all aspects of training.  The good and bad days, the hard workouts, and the crazy shenanigans (they) pull to get through it."  This is a photo of the two young ladies that you definitely don't want to mess with...

    

And these are examples of the MANY things that you'll find on their new facebook page - Leanne and Francesca REALLY HAVE put up a lot of material in the short amount of time that their page has been up.





I feel pretty confident that they'll reach their goal of 200 'likes' by New Year's, especially since they were at 206 and counting when I started doing this entry, but please visit their page and 'like' it anyway...  :)


Oh, and until I see you again tomorrow, PLEASE travel safely during this holiday season.  This is a photo that I pulled from Twitter earlier today, showing a pile up on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, near mile marker 282 by the Reading exit. -via @NewsBreaker-



Have a good one and I'll see you again tomorrow!










No comments:

Post a Comment