Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm A Hazard To Myself

"I'm a hazard to myself..., don't let me get me, I'm my own worst enemy, it's bad when you annoy yourself..., so irritating, don't wanna be my friend no more, I wanna be somebody else..." -Pink- (Don't Let Me Get Me)


Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Last week the question here was, "five weeks in a row?" - the answer to that question was a big, "PFFFTTT!!!"  After posting winning records on my football predictions for four straight weeks (6-4, 7-3, 6-4, and 8-2), last week I went a HORRIFIC 1-9 (yes, you read that right - ONE and NINE...).  As I was sitting here formulating my picks last week, I found the slate of games to be pretty difficult, and the thought actually occurred to me - "what if I go 0-10 this week?"...  Of course I laughed that off with a, "right, 0-10..."  Well, I managed to come PRETTY CLOSE, and it seems appropriate that I'm making this week's predictions on Thanksgiving, because I was DEFINITELY a turkey last week...    The only winner that I had was the Patriots (-9) against the Colts, and I will be taking New England again this week because they have a similar line against the Jets, who are not setting the world on fire.  My overall record for the season now stands at 55-57-2.  Here are all of my predictions for this week:


Texas State (-1 1/2) @ Texas-San Antonio - I like this one quite a bit actually...
USC (+ 7) vs. Notre Dame - Putting my "money" where my mouth is - I think the Trojans show up...
Oklahoma (-7) vs. Oklahoma State - Sooners at home for 'Bedlam'...
Louisiana Tech/San Jose State (Over 75 1/2) - Tech OFTEN in contests with video game scores...
BYU (-29) @ New Mexico State University - The Cougars show up this week if they have any pride...

Houston/Detroit (Over 50) - Ideal scoring conditions forecast for the dome today...
Dallas (- 3) vs. Washington - The Cowboys are at home and have been winning...
New England (-6 1/2) @ New York Jets - The Patriots score, and the Jets have trouble doing so...
Oakland/Cincinnati (Under 49) - Scoring 49 would be a big deal for these 2 squads...
Green Bay/New York Giants (Under 50 1/2) - Highly contested playoff rematch from last year...

And there you go...  I will see you again tomorrow.  I hope that all of you enjoy your football today and have a very Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!










  

2 comments:

  1. Easy pick on the Houston game - already at 35 at the half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming close to matching my win total for last week... ;)

    ReplyDelete