Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wurstfest Is The Bestfest

Good morning..., ummmm..., good afternoon everyone.  No sports post today, sorry.  Instead we are going to talk about Wurstfest.  Wurstfest (in my words) is a celebration of food and drink (and carnival rides and games and face painting and caricatures, etc...) that has been taking place in New Braunfels, Texas since 1961.  My 64-ounce souvenir beer pitcher says "since 1961" - who can you trust if you can't trust your souvenir beer pitcher?

Coors Light, whiskey, Miller Lite, Fireball, wine from a bag, your random dark beer, 911, lemon drop, Irish Car Bomb, wild pork wings, pork chop on a stick, funnel cake, fried mushrooms, sausage, turkey sandwich with chips and a pickle - yes, all of these are things that I probably should not have drank and eaten during the festivities last night.  Yes, I am being dead serious, and that 64-ounce pitcher is included in that laundry list, plus multiple extra beers and multiple fireball and wine shots...  Did I mention that I just woke up about 45 minutes ago?...  :(

All of the above was worth it to see the joy on the children's faces and hear the chants of "Coach, Coach, Coach" as I got out of my seat and joined some of the others dancing in the aisle as the party bus made its way back to The Square.  I actually did the above exactly for that reaction, being the team-player that I am, wanting to help make everyone's Wurstfest trip a memorable (or forgettable?) one...  ;)

As with all of your well-planned events, our bus wheels started rolling out of San Marcos about 45 minutes later than planned, but this group of people was DETERMINED to make the most of that time...  Several stuffed animals of various species and sizes were won (a number of these at a game where 4 milk bottles had to be knocked over to win a football jersey, and I never saw anyone on the Wurstfest grounds wearing any football jerseys of any kind last night)...  This fact did not stop our valiant warriors from trying (I did not participate, as I was busy gorging on the laundry list of items mentioned previously)...

Have a great day and I'll see you again tomorrow...  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment