Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back To Austin

"My son told me he likes to go swimming just to look at the girls!  And he's only two - oh Lord..."
-@b_jai2012- (via twitter)

"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry, and I know you do the same things too, so we're really not that different, me and you..." -Collin Raye- (Not That Different)

"'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' (1953) 2 1/2 stars - Revived by a North Pole atomic blast, a submerged dinosaur swims to New York and goes to Coney Island." -Time Warner Cable t.v. guide movie preview for a 2:30 a.m. movie Friday on TCM-

"You got it, you got it bad, if you miss a day without your friend, your whole life's off track..."
-Usher- (U Got It Bad)

"It's been about a month since I've had a "coke" or an energy drink..." -@coachatx- (via twitter)



Good evening everyone.  This is my super early Monday post.  As a matter of fact, it's so early that it's still Sunday night...  I'm heading back to Austin very early in the morning, so I thought that I'd give you a little something at least.  I'm going to be working hard again to track down a job, so I'll have much more for you later.  Friday was a very eventful day, so the blog won't be lacking for material...  :)

Speaking of Friday, I posted that last quote above (about the cokes) on Wednesday.  Well..., then I went to Austin.  I knew that the temperature was going to reach about 100 degrees on Friday (which it did), so I brought my gallon jug of ice water and a cooler with about a dozen cokes/energy drinks that I had leftover.  Yeah, so long story short, I drank four cokes on Friday, after not having a single soda for a month...  :P  IT... WAS... HOT...

I absolutely LOVED reading the middle "quote" that's up there - I was flipping through the on-screen t.v. guide very early on Friday morning, and I came across those words for 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' - they certainly don't make movies like they used to...  :)  No..., I didn't watch the movie, as I was FINALLY ABLE to fall asleep before my Friday trek to Austin, but I couldn't stop myself from smiling at that preview...

I'm not going to give you the full fantasy baseball update this week because I'm short on time right now and there will only be three full days of games this week due to the All-Star Break, but my teams are currently in 7th (The View From Bikini Hill), 4th (The Bikini Hill Bobcats), and 4th (The Bikini Hill Nine) place right now.

I hope that you have a great Monday and I'll see you again tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment