Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Remember The First Time (27)

"Working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrill, paying anything to roll the dice, just one more time..." -Journey- (Don't Stop Believing)

"What you do shows who you are..." -Wendy's sign in the Texas Union-

"Call me a joker, call me a fool, right at this moment I'm totally cool, clear as a crystal, sharp as a knife, I feel like I'm in the prime of my life..." -Billy Joel- (I Go To Extremes)



I remember the first time that I made a good read...  Good evening everyone.  Yes, I'm once again being super lazy and pilfering from my friends' facebook statuses since I'm super busy.  This one comes to you from my friend Alyssa on Monday:  "Why am I just now finding out that July is National Ice Cream Month?!  I'm going to celebrate starting now!  Who wants to bring me a dipped cone?  Haha (:"  Okay, that's pretty cute on its own merit, but it also prompted this comment:  "Asking for food encourages creepers to have a reason to stalk you..."  This is where I come in, and make my usual (4.7% of the time) great read...  ;)  "If the creepers are Alyssa's facebook friends already, it's kinda too late, and if they bring her ice cream, she probably won't care..."  Alyssa backed me up with, "Haha, exactly!"  Sharp as a knife right here...  ;)

I remember the first time that a good movie came on that I haven't seen in a while...  By the time that most of you read this (both of you, AHEM...), this information won't do you any good, but 'Dead Poets Society' just started on Turner Classic Movies.  Pushing movies with the word 'poet' in the title and writing a blog - I NEVER would have envisioned that when I was in high school (yes, one hundred years ago - VERY GOOD)...  ;)

I remember the first time that I was sick and tired (well actually, it's more tired)...  Can we FREAKIN fast forward to the point in time where I've moved to Austin already?!  GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!  This commuting stuff and waking up while the early bird is still hitting his snooze button is BRUTAL...

I remember the first time that I retracted my previous statement because I'm very grateful to have a job and I'm going to stop whining about my good fortune...  AHEM...  ;)

I remember the first time that I really appreciated your patience...  Although I'm doing an entry every day right now, I feel much better when I'm writing only four entries per week that I've actually planned more than most of the entries that you've seen recently (can you even tell the difference?  don't answer that...).  ;)  As this little blog of mine slowly creeps up on 50,000 total views (and can you FREAKIN believe that?!  and yes, you may answer that one), I hope to keep improving the quality of what you find here as the time keeps passing by (Bikini Hill will be celebrating its 2nd birthday on September 28th - who would've believed that? - and that's a bonus question, so answer it only if you want extra credit)...

I remember the second time that somebody working at the Texas Union asked to see my I.D. badge...  And yes, that would have been today...  As I keep looking for places to take naps in this wonderful building on the campus of the University of Texas at Austin to offset my crazy commuting schedule right now, I keep arousing suspicion because (c'mon..., you know this one..., c'mon...) I'm one hundred years old (see, told ya you knew it)...  ;)  My favorite nap place was reserved today, and my other favorite nap place has been closed for renovation, so when I found out that more potential comfortable chairs and couches exist in the Union and I asked how to get to them, I got, "may I see your I.D. please?"  BA HA HA...  :)

I remember the first time that I said goodnight because every other time that I remember something, the topic of sleep seems to work its way into the conversation...  ;)  Have a great Friday and I'll see you tomorrow night!




  








No comments:

Post a Comment