Saturday, July 27, 2013

So Much For Last Night

"Some things are worth fighting for, some feelings never die, I'm not asking for another chance, I just wanna know why..." -Robert Tepper- (No Easy Way Out)

"I'm suspicious of people who lie, cheat, and won't eat nachos..." -@AnneeWH- (via twitter)

"And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow, you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't want to go home right now..." -Goo Goo Dolls- (Iris)



Good afternoon everyone.  I apologize for the lack of a post last night (and you KNEW that your night was terrific for some reason)...  Right now I could cry here again about my recent commuting between The University of Texas at Austin and San Marcos, America (although I won't..., but I could).  I could also cry about my lack of sleep, but instead I'll just say that I'm sorry.  I laid down to "rest" last night at about 10:00 p.m., knowing that whenever I woke up, a "Breaking Bad" marathon would be showing on AMC from 11:00 p.m. until 4:00 a.m.  The knowledge of that marathon turned out to be very beneficial when I woke up at 7:00 a.m. this morning...  All that I read about when I fired up my facebook this morning was the storms that hit Austin and San Marcos last night, and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW that it had rained...  Okay, well let me give you your money's worth since I didn't make an entry last night.


Let's start off with the most recent standings from my fantasy baseball leagues since I have more time to do that now than I will on Monday...


League 1 (25 entry fee - 1st place/125, 2nd place/25)

1)  DraftDodgers                               76.00
2)  Neshanic                                    68.00
3)  Buschleaguers                            65.00
7)  The View From Bikini Hill             49.50


League 2 (40 entry fee - 1st place/300, 2nd place/50)

1)  Breaking Bats                             83.50
2)  4troublemakers                           77.00
3)  Loons XXIV                                 60.00
5)  The Bikini Hill Bobcats                 51.00


League 3 (40 entry fee - 1st place/300, 2nd place/50)

1)  Nappy Heads                              73.00
2)  Pittsburg Crawfords                     65.50
3)  jonnylove7                                  60.00
4)  The Bikini Hill Nine                      59.00
4)  Fishing For Trout                         59.00


I don't have any specific comments on any of these leagues right now because I have been paying ZERO attention to baseball recently.  I watched some of the All-Star Game a little while back, and that's the last baseball that I can remember watching.  Just let me get settled into my new place in Austin, and then I'll break things down for you as I make my incredible comeback and win all three of these leagues...  ;)



So let me tell you more about moving right now, because we all know that I haven't mentioned that enough... (By the way, I'm watching 'Beverly Hills 90210' right now *don't judge me* and Duncan Sheik -NOT Duncan Keith of the Chicago Blackhawks- is performing 'Barely Breathing').  Just thought that you'd enjoy an obscure reference to a semi-recent post right there...  ANYWAY, I was motivated this morning when I woke up from my impromptu NINE HOUR NAP, so I went to Walmart and bought some "moving tupperware."  I'm not actually referring to Tupperware, but to the similar 30-pound capacity containers that are good for..., well..., holding about 30 pounds worth of stuff (or A LOT of potato salad)...  I bought three of these containers, and should now be ready to pack for my move.  These containers cost me $7.97 each, and similar-sized containers cost me about $15.00 before I moved to Las Vegas last August (the price difference being the better handles on the more expensive ones I assume).  Anyway, since I'm only moving 30 miles to the north, I'm really not concerned about the handles interlocking with the lids and sealing these containers shut, so I feel like I made about $20.00 this morning (I was fully prepared to pay the full $45.00 - don't tell Walmart).  In case you're doing the math ("Coach, what happened to the containers that you purchased for your move to Las Vegas last year?), I gave my "tupperware" from last summer to a friend of mine.  Also, in case you're doing the math ("Coach, why don't you just find some cardboard boxes?), I'm moving into a studio apartment where it will be easier to store things in my new purchases than putting them in the drawers and cabinets that I won't have.  And DON'T take this for complaining - a studio apartment on West Campus in the ATX for just over $600.00 a month is a STEAL!  :D  I have been REPEATEDLY hearing, "but Coach, most places on West Campus rent for $900.00 to $1,000.00..."  Yeah, I know...  ;)

Okay, so now I actually have to PACK my stuff into these containers, and move up to Austin.  I'd tell you that I should be worried more, but after making the drives to and from the desert last summer..., well..., not so much.  Dotting the i's and crossing the t's will actually be more tedious and time-consuming than the move itself.  That would involve things like shutting off my cable/internet and utilities services here in San Marcos, setting them up in the ATX, giving my change of address to several interested parties, getting the new driver's license, CLEANING this apartment, blah, blah, BLAH...  I did catch a very weird break with Time Warner in that evidently San Marcos and Austin are in the same region (the first I've heard of this), and I am going to be able to bring my cable box and modem WITH ME up to Austin.  This makes it SEEM LIKE it would be easier to hook up my service at the new place (bad break for you if so, because I wouldn't miss any blog posts)...  Also very weird was that the time frame that they gave me for the tech arriving to hook up the new service was a ONE HOUR WINDOW (as opposed to being the whole morning, or the whole afternoon).

I'm not lying to you when I tell you that I"m getting excited as I look up at my calendar.  Not only am I making my move north, but the football season will be starting a month from tomorrow also.  I have been so busy that I've paid almost no attention to it when it comes to digging into my football magazines, watching the talking heads on t.v., etc...  My PLAN is to dig through my magazines and make some "bold" predictions for you, things that not every person on the planet would expect from this football season, but I just haven't had the time yet.  Football just has so many storylines...  See, if you get me going, I'll want to talk football instead of making my moving preparations - SHAME on you...  But getting back to Johnny Manziel really quick (I mentioned him a few days ago, thus the "getting back"), although Manziel seems like such a head case at the moment, Texas A&M plays EIGHT of the 12 games at home this season.  STOP getting me started...  I can't wait...  :)  Hopefully some of you went to that Bobcat Nation cbssports.com link that I referred you to the other day to get yourselves ready for that pick 'em contest this fall.  SO MUCH going on right now...  :O

I'm going to have to call it quits right here for today, but tomorrow I will be back with some more for you.  Have a great day and I'll see you then!
    








No comments:

Post a Comment