Monday, July 22, 2013

Time Flies, Yet The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

"You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waiting is the hardest part..."
-Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- (The Waiting)



Good evening everyone.  There's something else that I can tell you about my blog posts in the future right now if you haven't figured it out already - if I'm doing a weekday blog post, it will be AFTER work and not before...  Right now my head feels like a half-scrambled mess with my work schedule/commute and my impending move, but I'm sucking it up for you since I'm a team player...  ;)  Let me start off by apologizing to my friend Scott for trying to publish his second comment to yesterday's blog entry from my phone while I was up in Austin today (Grrouchie already knows where this is going)...  Yeah Scott, my phone went "bat crap crazy" (The Big Bang Theory) and your reply to my comment..., VANISHED!  Sorry my friend...


Okay, now I'm going to give y'all the condensed version of my current fantasy baseball standings (which will be condensed until after I'm settled in to my new place next month).


League 1

1)  DraftDodgers                                           76.50
2)  Buschleaguers                                        65.00
2)  Rocky Roto                                             65.00
6)  The View From Bikini Hill                         51.50


League 2

1)  Breaking Bats                                          84.00
2)  4troublemakers                                        70.50
3)  Loons XXIV                                              60.50
5)  The Bikini Hill Bobcats                              55.00


League 3

1)  Nappy Heads                                          72.00
2)  Pittsburg Crawfords                                 70.00
3)  The Bikini Hill Nine                                  60.00


Sixth, Fifth, and THIRD - what's that you say?  Oh yeah, we're being brief here - way to go me...  ;)


Speaking of sports, now I have something for you football fans, and it's a FREE CONTEST...  For all of my friends out there (both of you), and for all of you who would like to embarrass me in a season-long football pick 'em contest (the rest of the planet), here are the details

      >>>>> Go to the 'Bobcat Nation Sports Bar & Grill' (San Marcos, Texas) facebook page, 'like' the page (because they're cool and you're going to be in the contest), and you'll find the details in the post that they made about an hour ago (it's 10:35 p.m. CST right now on Monday July 22nd).  The photo in the post is a big picture of a football with the words "PICK 'EM" printed on the ball's stripes.  Basically, the contest is being tracked at cbssports.com and will involve picking the weekly winners of college and NFL games during the upcoming season.  There will be weekly prizes and a prize for the season's best guru.  All of you bloggers out there, you better be there for this one, not to mention all of you fans in San Marcos, America...


WOW, I wish that I had more time to talk about everything that is happening in sports right now...  Is Johnny Manziel going to make more headlines on or off the field this year?  Ryan Braun definitely won't be seeing another pitch this season - suspended for the rest of the 2013 schedule (65 remaining games) if you hadn't heard...  SO MUCH going on...

Like I said yesterday, just keep tuning in and I'll have a little something for ya each day, and in a couple of weeks I'll actually be more organized...  :)  Have a good one and I'll see you again on Tuesday night!

    










    

No comments:

Post a Comment