Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Could You? (30)

"I've, become so numb, I can't feel you there, I've become so tired, so much more aware, I'm becoming this, all I want to do, is be more like me, and be less like you..." -Linkin Park- (Numb)

"Welcome to the jungle, we take it day by day, if you want it, you're gonna bleed, but it's the price you pay..." -Guns 'N Roses- (Welcome To The Jungle)

"Upside inside out, livin' la vida loca, she'll push and pull you down, livin' la vida loca..."
-Ricky Martin- (Livin' La Vida Loca)



Could you tell me that you're kidding Coach?  Good evening everyone.  We're off to a quick start tonight...  :)  For tonight's song lyrics, I searched "motivational songs for sports list" on Yahoo.  Doing so led me to find the link for "50 Motivational Songs Athletes Listen To..."  All three of the songs showcased above were on that list...  Yes people, evidently when someone is trying to get pumped up, they're cranking out the lyrics to 'Livin' La Vida Loca'...  :)  And just when you thought that you'd never find the words 'Ricky Martin' in this blog...

Could you give us a quote from one of your favorites Coach?  This is from my young friend Allie (who I have never met):  "Do parents drop their kids off at a baby pound if they don't want them, like their dogs?..."  Ah, to see the world through the eyes of children...  :)

Could you tell us where Allie gets it from Coach?  A couple of weeks ago, I noticed on my facebook newsfeed that Allie's mom Jennifer (who I have met) checked-in for dinner at a little place in North Texas called (wait for it...), 'Mooyah Burgers & Fries..."  Poor Allie..., she never even had a chance...  :P

Could you steal a quote directly from another blog Coach, because you don't steal from those often enough?...  This gem comes to you from the blog, "Linda Lou, live from Las Vegas," which can be found in the list of links on the right.  My friend Linda (who I have also never met) just saw the Monkees for the first time ever on Saturday, and she had this to say about the experience:  "I mean, we were SCREAMING all night.  Like abduction screaming, except we were screaming with happiness..."  :)

Could you tell us about your most recent shopping experience Coach?  After a longer than anticipated nap on Friday night (yeah, we know who is NOT living "La Vida Loca..."), I found myself checking out of Walmart at about 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.  I had completely forgotten what I had heard about shopping in Austin now until the cashier said, "did you bring bags, or would you like to buy some?"  My immediate thought was...  (well..., I don't use words like that in this blog, but suffice it to say, I did not have any bags with me)...  You see, the stores in Austin cannot use plastic bags now, but they will sell you paper bags if you didn't bring bags with you.  The cashier later went on to say that this has actually hurt their business, because this Walmart is located in the north part of Austin, near suburbs where stores are still allowed to give their customers plastic bags.  Back to my story..., just when that thought that I can't type here registered in my head, the cashier (who is actually an assistant manager) followed up his original comment with, "we sell them for ten dollars..."  WELL..., you SHOULD HAVE SEEN the LOOK ON MY FACE...  As my expression was twisting up into a look that was appropriate to match the price of TEN DOLLARS for a PAPER GROCERY BAG, the assistant manager quickly said, "I mean 10 cents...  Sorry, it's 3:00 in the morning..."  Then my heart started beating again...  :)

Could you tell us what you did as soon as you finished your blog entry last night Coach?  Well, since I have a NEVERENDING LIST of things to do, NATURALLY I decided to take a walk down 24th Street about 20 minutes after I hit the publish button last night.  One thing that I like about walking near my new apartment is that I can find civilization in less than five minutes.  Even in San Marcos, it was about a fifteen-minute walk to Bikini Hill or the Square from my place.  Here in Austin however, I can reach a very active 24th Street (the home of Cuatro's and Cain & Abel's - and you're welcome for the shout outs) in no time.  I can also reach "the drag" (which is also known as Guadalupe, and is the street that separates the University of Texas at Austin from West Campus) in about ten minutes.  Although I only walked for about half an hour, I found that I fell asleep much faster last night, so this will most likely become a nightly ritual...

Could you tell us what looks a lot alike Coach?  A few mornings back, when I was waking up after less than four hours of sleep, I happened to notice that Equate (Walmart brand) Green Mint Mouthwash looks A LOT LIKE Hill Country Fare (H-E-B brand) Green Apple Dishwashing Liquid.  SOOOOOO, if you're reading a post here in the future where I'm telling you a story about how I gargled one morning with DISHWASHING SOAP, we both know that I should have known better...  ;)

Have a good one and I'll see you again on Thursday!


       







No comments:

Post a Comment